What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you record those pretty and err unusual profile pictures

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Regret the somewhat frivolous question but I have been wondering how are you forumees putting in those pretty and weird and wonderfully profile pictures at the head of your posts? Of course I searched but with no result. What's the method please.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Regret the somewhat frivolous question but I have been wondering how are you forumees putting in those pretty and weird and wonderfully profile pictures at the head of your posts? Of course I searched but with no result. What's the method please.

This is best done on a computer (especially if you are choosing your own picture). Select forum Settings, elect to edit your avatar, pick or upload your avatar and the save it. See this photo for better details:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345899754.839484.jpg

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
The OB

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is best done on a computer (especially if you are choosing your own picture). Select forum Settings, elect to edit your avatar, pick or upload your avatar and the save it. See this photo for better details:

View attachment 23471

Hope this helps.

Marilyn
Thanks Marilyn, that did help. I don't know, I must have tunnel vision. I clearly see that "Edit Avatar" was there all the time. Anyway, I chose this avatar as it is not only a huge improvement on my face, but also reflects the quiet dignity yet sophistication appropriate to this forum.
All the best,
Andrew

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although this has now been resolved thanks to Marilyn, I'll just add to it for others who may come across this thread when searching for a solution.

If using the IPF App, you can use a photo from your Photo's App really easily by doing the following.....

image-1872683717.jpg

The Archangel

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, this thread is being saved in Skimonkey's Evernote!!

Thanks, Marilyn and Gabe!!

OP
The OB

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Although this has now been resolved thanks to Marilyn, I'll just add to it for others who may come across this thread when searching for a solution.

If using the IPF App, you can use a photo from your Photo's App really easily by doing the following.....

View attachment 23530

The Archangel
That's a quick and nifty way of getting your avatar photo, Archangel, but it presupposes you have worthwhile photos in an app on the iPad.
If you have more/better photos on your computer (as I did in Picasa albums) but not much in iPad film roll or an album app then , for me, it was easy (well, after Marilyn's help LOL) to go into the iPad forum icon on my computer, go into Settings and by hitting the "Browse" button select from the thousands of photos/pictures I have to save as an avatar. But I would agree your suggested method is FAST!
Regards, Andrew

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
That's a quick and nifty way of getting your avatar photo, Archangel, but it presupposes you have worthwhile photos in an app on the iPad.
If you have more/better photos on your computer (as I did in Picasa albums) but not much in iPad film roll or an album app then , for me, it was easy (well, after Marilyn's help LOL) to go into the iPad forum icon on my computer, go into Settings and by hitting the "Browse" button select from the thousands of photos/pictures I have to save as an avatar. But I would agree your suggested method is FAST!
Regards, Andrew

That is a good point although, I have all my photos stored on a NAS Drive and that way they are available to all my computers and devices without taking up precious HD space on any of them.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts