What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Do You Open A New Tab in iOS 7 Safari?

auntyj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could someone please tell me how to open a new window in Safari using IOS 7 please? Like everything else in 7, the old way no longer works. Thanks.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could someone please tell me how to open a new window in Safari using IOS 7 please? Like everything else in 7, the old way no longer works. Thanks.

When in safari, go to the right side of the screen and press the "+" sign.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a note that I've moved this question to stand on its own rather than being in the first impressions thread. Helps to keep the threads focused on one topic...

Marilyn

EDIT TO ADD: And, SkiMonkey was a faster typer than I. :) So, now I just wanted to add this picture:

9uqyta4u.jpg

Last edited:
OP
A

auntyj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Seems clunky compared to 6. All those little icons were visible in Safari without having to press any buttons before. And I liked having separate bars for the address and the search function - and now I don't know who's powering the search - before I knew it was Google, now - who knows?

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. Seems clunky compared to 6. All those little icons were visible in Safari without having to press any buttons before. And I liked having separate bars for the address and the search function - and now I don't know who's powering the search - before I knew it was Google, now - who knows?
it's definitely google.

Waysouth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can open a new window, but the cross does look different now, like a plus sign.
What I don't know how to do now is search within the page!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can open a new window, but the cross does look different now, like a plus sign.
What I don't know how to do now is search within the page!

Ooh, that was a tricky one; thank goodness for Google! :D

To search within the page - be on the page you want to search (obviously :)). Then, put the cursor in the unibar and start typing your search term. Once you've got the term entered, dismiss the keyboard, cause the page search results will be at the very bottom of the view and you won't be able to see it unless you get rid of the keyboard (well, in landscape mode, anyway).

Here's me searching for the term "function" (I've already dismissed my keyboard...):

sepupyzy.jpg

Then, when I press on the page search line, I got this:

nyzujyda.jpg

At the bottom left, you'll see the arrow keys to go through the search results. And, at the bottom right, you can see a text entry field. You can clear that field to run another search...

Whew! Ain't things changing fun!?! :)

Regardless, hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions