What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you Jailbreak an iPad3 64gig 3G+Wifi on IOS 6.0.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coroner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
G'day all, i'm new here just joined today. :thumbs:

How do you Jailbreak an iPad3 64gig 3G+Wifi which has on IOS 6.0.1? :confused:

So far can't find anything that as worked for this specific iPad

I have tried:

1. Using "redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3" main screen> Extras> eEven More> Restore> IPSW> select file "iPad3,3_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw" gwet this message "The Blob signing window for 5.1.1 is closed The downgrade workarounds for A5 devices or newer are for ipad2 owners o 5. cross-restores." "Wold you like to attempted the restore anyway? " "YES NO" I selected YES.

Sending device into recovery mode, then message pops up saying "couldn't find 5.1.1 (9B206 blobs for this device on Apple or Cydia servers" Please click OK to browse for any you may have saved locally " i Click OK. goes back back into the screen where you have options to select IPSW or (blobs) Local (grayed out) or Remote so I Select remote, then window pops up saying fetching blobs ect, then another popup lets me manually tell the program where the SHSH blob plists files are. I previously used "tinyumbrella v6.01.01 to create SHSH file (ios 6.0.1) the file is only 7K, i read somewhere it should be 60-65K ? so i selected the 7K SHSH file name is "2598523825609-ipad3,3-6.0.1.shsh" then click open. message popup says "Blob mismatch" "those blobs don't appear to be for the iPad3,3_5.1.1_9B206" then I click ok then back (to exit DFU mode)

2. Also tried "redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3" main screen> Extras> eEven More> Restore> IPSW> select file "iPad3,2_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw" and get this popup message "That IPSW is for iPad3,1 but an Ipad3,3 is connected.
same thing with these IPSW restores: "iPad3,1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw" and iPad3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw

Can someone pleas help me Jailbreak this iPad 3 3G+WiFi 64gig (bloody Apple lies 57gig really lol)
and provide links for everything I need that I don't have mentioned above. I googled like crazy and the is bugger al for the iPad 3 3G+Wii ios 6.0.1 just for the iPad every video is done on the phone or ipod touch and nothing is iPad3 specific.

I'm even happy to even try a tethered Jailbreak until a new untethered for ios 6.0.1 or 6.1 becomes available.

Edit: forgot to say I'm running Windows 7 64bit, i5 2500K, RAM 8gig 1600hz corsair vengeance. The rams heatsink is the color blue in case you needed to know that lol ;P

I have be trying to JB this for 56 hours straight without any sleep, not exaggerating either, i'm buggered now that's why i resorted to asking for help.
Your help will be greatly appreciated not just by me but many others in the same situation.

Kind regards

Coroner

oh btw does anyone know how to change your forum name my bloody keyboard is being silly and i made a typo in my name its Coroner not cooner lol :eek:

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cooner said:
G'day all, i'm new here just joined today. :thumbs:

How do you Jailbreak an iPad3 64gig 3G+Wifi which has on IOS 6.0.1? :confused:

So far can't find anything that as worked for this specific iPad

I have tried:

1. Using "redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3" main screen> Extras> eEven More> Restore> IPSW> select file "iPad3,3_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw" gwet this message "The Blob signing window for 5.1.1 is closed The downgrade workarounds for A5 devices or newer are for ipad2 owners o 5. cross-restores." "Wold you like to attempted the restore anyway? " "YES NO" I selected YES.

Sending device into recovery mode, then message pops up saying "couldn't find 5.1.1 (9B206 blobs for this device on Apple or Cydia servers" Please click OK to browse for any you may have saved locally " i Click OK. goes back back into the screen where you have options to select IPSW or (blobs) Local (grayed out) or Remote so I Select remote, then window pops up saying fetching blobs ect, then another popup lets me manually tell the program where the SHSH blob plists files are. I previously used "tinyumbrella v6.01.01 to create SHSH file (ios 6.0.1) the file is only 7K, i read somewhere it should be 60-65K ? so i selected the 7K SHSH file name is "2598523825609-ipad3,3-6.0.1.shsh" then click open. message popup says "Blob mismatch" "those blobs don't appear to be for the iPad3,3_5.1.1_9B206" then I click ok then back (to exit DFU mode)

2. Also tried "redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3" main screen> Extras> eEven More> Restore> IPSW> select file "iPad3,2_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw" and get this popup message "That IPSW is for iPad3,1 but an Ipad3,3 is connected.
same thing with these IPSW restores: "iPad3,1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw" and iPad3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore.ipsw

Can someone pleas help me Jailbreak this iPad 3 3G+WiFi 64gig (bloody Apple lies 57gig really lol)
and provide links for everything I need that I don't have mentioned above. I googled like crazy and the is bugger al for the iPad 3 3G+Wii ios 6.0.1 just for the iPad every video is done on the phone or ipod touch and nothing is iPad3 specific.

I'm even happy to even try a tethered Jailbreak until a new untethered for ios 6.0.1 or 6.1 becomes available.

Edit: forgot to say I'm running Windows 7 64bit, i5 2500K, RAM 8gig 1600hz corsair vengeance. The rams heatsink is the color blue in case you needed to know that lol ;P

I have be trying to JB this for 56 hours straight without any sleep, not exaggerating either, i'm buggered now that's why i resorted to asking for help.
Your help will be greatly appreciated not just by me but many others in the same situation.

Kind regards

Coroner

oh btw does anyone know how to change your forum name my bloody keyboard is being silly and i made a typo in my name its Coroner not cooner lol :eek:

There is no iOS 6 jailbreak of any kind for the iPad 3. You have no choice but to wait until a jailbreak is released. Please subscribe to the official iOS 6 jailbreak status thread and keep an eye on the first post. Any jailbreak news will be posted there.http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/89458-official-ios6-jailbreak-status-thread.html

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In regards to your name change, only a forum administrator can change your forum name. I have let them know and will get back to you.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And unfortunately, there's also no way to downgrade below the iOS 6 threshold into iOS 5. The iPad 2 is capable of doing so but not the 3 unfortunately. For now at least.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And, with all that said - and to prevent duplicate on iOS 6 jail break status - this thread is closed. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts