What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you guys transfer game saves between devices? Do you actually do this?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm playing real golf at present, I go to work I play it on the iPad. I then use iPhone explorer on windows to look at the file system, I go to the real golf folder, documents and copy the game save. I then plug in my iPhone and do the same except overwrite the game save.

Now with my jail broken iPad this was easy I just used ifile, copied the game save and then blue toothed it over!

With the iPad 2 it still works just a bit slower and less convenient, plus iPhone explorer crashes a bit, and you have to plug in the device, unplug a few times to get it to register the folder.

I guess my question is, is there any other software that would make this task easier? Quicker or more stable?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:

This doesnt allow you to look at the file system though so there's no access to the apps

Edit: scrap that I had to change the preferences to show all apps even if file sharing is not on

Thanks for the tip, I was able to get a free licence as I'm a student too!

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You would need to download "afc2add” from cydia and you'll be able to see the root folder....that could also be why your iPhone explorer keeps crashing. But since this is for iPad2....guess you can't just yet....

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its ok mate, I can use it with ipad2 just have to go to diskaid, preferences, advanced an then tick 'display all apps even if they don't have file sharing enabled'

Works fine for just transfer game data, and a much nicer interface than iPhone explorer.

I think the reason it crashes is theres a restriction that only allows you to access the os five times (there's actually a message that pops up) you just have to unplug and replug back in though to counter this.

Great program thanks mate.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts