What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you guys feel about App review popups

HTMLEgg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
htmlegg.aidaluu.com
I've noticed a number of Apps have a auto pop up that ask you to provide a review, it usually comes up after you've used the App a few times. You are provided with options to Review now, Remind again and Cancel.

Being a developer, I wonder how users feel about this. Do you think it's reasonable to include such an add-on within an App or does it frustrate users?

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't mind if it only pops up once - but gives me the option elsewhere for a review - or, remind me in 7 days.

Tim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As a user, it annoys the heck out of me! I can live with one (one!) pop-up. It's bothersome, but liveable.

It's the ones that Continue. To. Ask. For. A. Review. that annoy me. Unfortunately, I usually do like the app, so I don't delete it because of that irritation.

It could be just me - because, as a rule, I don't do reviews. I figure me purchasing the app is review enough, especially if I go back to purchase a full-fledged app after being allowed the opportunity to try out a [free] Lite version.

Good luck in your development project(s).

Marilyn

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lose connectivity while trying to update email which is like 4 profiles! That's annoying! :) but to answer your question, no it doesn't bother me, I get it with windows updates all the time so I'm used to it!

Last edited:

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hate them and will not post a review on any app that uses this technique.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Meh. It depends for me really. Usually based on what I'm doing at the time. If its something important it can get kind of annoying.

OP
HTMLEgg

HTMLEgg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
htmlegg.aidaluu.com
Thanks for the feedback. What if it's not in the form of a popup, say it's more like a button in the option setting somewhere, is that more tolerable? I think I've seen this being done a few times too, although the popup is more common.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
HTMLEgg said:
Thanks for the feedback. What if it's not in the form of a popup, say it's more like a button in the option setting somewhere, is that more tolerable? I think I've seen this being done a few times too, although the popup is more common.

I quite like that idea

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think many users have been conditioned to hate pop-ups of any kind. (The little mouse-over pop-ups are especially annoying.) I typically do provide a review; a sort of pay-it-forward because I appreciate reading them when I'm purchasing an app. But it would be less annoying to have a prominently displayed review button than a pop-up.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I find it annoying honestly. if I open the app, I am intent on using the app right away, a popup offering to take me away from the app when I want to use the app is a bit aggravating...

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind if it didn't ask me to review my apps again after every update. Some of my apps update frequently and it gets annoying. I review every app I get on Apple and Android but never on the first day.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Last edited:

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Popups should be used only for important alerts, not to beg for a review. I won't mind having an icon or menu somewhere in the app saying "Review me!". This way, you can still remind the user to do a review, but you won't annoy the user by stopping what he was going to do.

And especially with games, where you setup a game for a kid to play with. Then you hear "What should I do? It is asking me something..."

VicoPad addict!

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
I am more than willing to write a review, but would like it to be more of an option. I like the idea of it not being a pop-up. I haven't had it ask for a review more than once, or after updates, but I would prefer to ask for review as I am exiting an application rather than when I am opening the application.

leana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
change a button is good

What if it's not in the form of a popup, say it's more like a button in the option setting somewhere, is that more tolerable? I think I've seen this being done a few times too, although the popup is more common.
That's a good idea,I like it.;)

Most reactions