how do you download paid applications on cydia?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by muffinzkoh, Feb 18, 2011.

1. muffinzkoh

muffinzkoh
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    how do you download paid apps in cydia? please help me, im new at jailbreaking.

2. Sam707

Sam707
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    lol, you're gonna try to hack the hackers.

3. graywolf

graywolf
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    If you are wanting to know how to download paid apps for free, we cant tell you, it is against the forum rules. But if not, in the top corner of the app page that you want to download it says purchase. Tap that and sign in with google or facebook. Then use paypal or amazon to pay.

#3 graywolf, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  4. Daineath

Daineath
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Sorry not allowed

#4 Daineath, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  5. Mike_73

Mike_73
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    He wasn't really serious about this I guess...

6. Schmitty2364

Schmitty2364
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    lol ipad hacking forums cant even talk about the real hacking :/ fail but not with out reason

7. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Couldn't disagree more. Real hacking has NOTHING to do with piracy...

8. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Now just a golly darn minute hold just a sec.... Let me ask, if the rough treatment by those participating in this thread has not frightened you away and I am just e-whistling in the e-wind and you are still following it, that is..

Grammar Police, arrest me.

Two queries:

1- Do you want to know how to DL paid apps for free, because you are a thief? (Not saying you are, just asking) Or . . .,

2- Do you want to know the procedure for paying for and downloading paid apps?

Big difference.

I wondered the same thing. How do you pay for and DL paid apps? Well, here you go:

1- Find the app you want and follow the link. You will be taken to a page where you must authenticate yourself. Google or whatever is given.

2- Select your payment choice. Typically, PayPal or Amazon. Just follow the directions given after you arrive at the PayPal (for example) page, enter your account/log-in info, CC info, what have you. I am sure each seller has a different way of getting the app to you. Perhaps a link or by e-mail.

Done!

The rush to judgment exhibited by those that responded to your post is rather good in my view. I am so very tired of the stealing on the web and I will simply assume that people that ask the question want free stuff that usually requires payment.

As you might gather, mentioning jailbreaking and asking how to get free apps from the app store in the same sentence generates anger. Suppose I asked you how do I find your address, what hours are you away from home and where is the spare key? You can bet most that ask those silly questions do not want to come in and scrub your toilets; they want your stuff. Bad analogy, I am sure.

So, the next time, perhaps you can qualify your query and ask how do I pay for apps... what is the mechanism, or some such.

Bob Maxey

9. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    We need to educate people. I see hackers being confused with crackers and 'tuther way round. Ask a citizen what a hacker is, and a hacker is someone that "breaks into my bank account and takes my money."

The only way to steal IP from the App Store is with a hacked iThingy. End up in court because of something and it is mentioned that you know how to hack the iPad, you might be screwed because the public associates bad things with hacking and...I'll STFU now.

Some hackers do this and some crackers do it as well. Someone in the press is always talking about how some system was hacked and every web site devoted to security mentions hacking and how bad it is.

And (in my opinion only) I think the word Jailbreak is an unfortunate term because of the connotation. Do not get me started on the name, "Green Poision."

So let me ask you all this: should the general iPad user base be introduced to jailbreaking or should we simply keep it within a tight knit community? I think a JB is something many thousands of iThingy users would love but the terminology and tools scare them. Scares me, I'll tell you.

Again, no flames, just asking.

Bob Maxey

10. jakerich

jakerich
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Funny, could be the pollyanna in me, but I read the OP request ("how do you download paid apps in cydia?") as "How do I download apps for which I have paid?"

and Bob Maxey has answered that eloquently!