What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you download iOS 4.2?

ggildeme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I seem to be rather dense about how to download iOS 4.2. I plugged the cable between my iPAD and my MacBook Pro and the iTunes icon on my MBP started bouncing. So, I clicked it and it started sync'ing my iPAD with my MBP and when that was done, that was the end of it; nothing else happened. Could someone give me a few "detailed" instructions as to how I go about downloading iOS 4.2. Those who respond, THANKS very much. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you open iTunes with you device connected you should be able to chose to check for updates

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After you plug in and iTunes starts click on the device on the left side of the screen. There is a check for updates button.

Or just wait until Apple decides to get it for you... Eventually iTunes will check without being asked.

Most reactions

Latest posts