1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How do you download iOS 4.2?

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by ggildeme, Nov 24, 2010.

1. ggildeme

ggildeme iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I seem to be rather dense about how to download iOS 4.2. I plugged the cable between my iPAD and my MacBook Pro and the iTunes icon on my MBP started bouncing. So, I clicked it and it started sync'ing my iPAD with my MBP and when that was done, that was the end of it; nothing else happened. Could someone give me a few "detailed" instructions as to how I go about downloading iOS 4.2. Those who respond, THANKS very much. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. BrennB

BrennB iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    If you open iTunes with you device connected you should be able to chose to check for updates
  3. USBill

USBill iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    After you plug in and iTunes starts click on the device on the left side of the screen. There is a check for updates button.

Or just wait until Apple decides to get it for you... Eventually iTunes will check without being asked.
  4. ggildeme

ggildeme iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    THANKS very much USBill and BrennB for your suggestion. As a result I was able to download iOS 4.2.