What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you close your apps?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would love to see an icon at the start of the list of running apps that lets you close everything in one go instead of closing them all down one at a time.

I would have hoped we had that functionality but alas Apple chose not to do it. I do, however, use a jailbreak app that adds to the functionality of the task switcher. SwitcherPlus, among other cool features, adds a "->" icon along with the usual "-" icon--when you tap and hold an app in the switcher bar. Tapping the "->" icon will close that app, as well as all the apps to the right of it. So if I want to quickly clean out the list I just do it to the first app there... and presto, they are all cleared out. But I don't often do this as I do like having a list of recently used apps handy... and I as I mentioned in previous post I close apps using SBSettings--which does not remove it from the switcher bar.

attachment.php

Michael

Now that is cool. I'm trying hard not to JB at the moment but I may end up doing so.

bookoffers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have any app yet. so it won't bother me closing it.
But I always wanted to try, I will ask my brother how to do it. I only have this gadget with a purpose. I only want what is needed.

Roccofan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Open Apps do affect speed

Hi all,

I have to disagree with some here who feel the open apps don't affect performance. I have a few formual heavy spreadsheets in Numbers and a few occasions I noticed that my fomulas were not updating. After I closed "open" apps, the formulas worked as intended.

I don't see any other performance issues, but no matter how small, it does require processing power to keep track of those "open" apps.

Boat Drinks!!!!!!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought I would post this here as well. Just shows the logic behind multitasking on iOS. As we all know its not a perfect system and some app must be close by hand on occasion.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SBvlQu9yAk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Reaction score
You push up the bottom of your iPad screen with all 5 of your fingers or it won't work and you hold down an app and a red circle with a white minus symbol in the middle will appear, click it and the app will close.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Amy Rose The Hedgehog said:
You push up the bottom of your iPad screen with all 5 of your fingers or it won't work and you hold down an app and a red circle with a white minus symbol in the middle will appear, click it and the app will close.

You can also double tap the home button to bring up the multitasking bar.

Most reactions

Latest posts