What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you clean YOUR iPad?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shellready said:
Thanks I had not heard the that tip but I just used it and it worked great!

Haha me too! How cool is that! I'm still thinking of putting an invisible shield on their though, that helped a lot with smudges on the 1st iPad.

BangBangAnnie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Stealth Guards shield applied (with water) and when it gets grubby I use a damp Fellowes Perfect Clean cloth to wipe it down. The cloth was picked up FAR back when CompUSA was running their weekly specials. It's really soft and satiny, and great for both occasional smudges and worse dirt.

ThePhotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a bottle of the LCD TV cleaner by Monster ( which comes with a mircofiber cloth) at Bestbuy. It works great!

Brockly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
The only proper way of cleaning an iPad screen is your tongue:

Yeah you got it !!!! Right after you ate a pb&j and played a game on your iPad :) sweet!!!!

owenmorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the same method I use on my tv's soft dish cloth rinsed and squeezed free of any excess water rub over whole iPad then gently rub over with micro fibre mitt, always make sure nothing on screen before starting and you should stay scratch free..

owenmorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
owenmorris said:
I use the same method I use on my tv's soft dish cloth rinsed and squeezed free of any excess water rub over whole iPad then gently rub over with micro fibre mitt, always make sure nothing on screen before starting and you should stay scratch free..

Ps I clean once every couple of days

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

kbc1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.kbcloth.info
How to Clean your iPad screen with just water!

Never use chemicals on your iPad or any electronic devices, the chemical will strip away the protective coating and will ultimately damage your screen. Instead use a microfiber cleaning cloth like the ones sold at kbcloth.info and slightly wet it and wipe your iPad screen clean. Make sure that the cloth is only damp and not wet. This is the best way to clean your iPad.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kbcloth said:
Never use chemicals on your iPad or any electronic devices, the chemical will strip away the protective coating and will ultimately damage your screen. Instead use a microfiber cleaning cloth like the ones sold at kbcloth.info and slightly wet it and wipe your iPad screen clean. Make sure that the cloth is only damp and not wet. This is the best way to clean your iPad.

Agreed. For day to day, a little breath and a soft micro cloth work fine. I have a Splash Masque HD cover on my screen so we can use a little dampness if it gets really smudged up. No need to resort to harsh chemicals or Windex. Not a good idea.

cellur111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a little microfiber cloth..but I don't use it very much one reason being that I have a screen protector

Most reactions