What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do we use our iPads?

How do you use your iPad?

• For Work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anything but work

Votes: 45 45.9%
  • Both

Votes: 53 54.1%

• Total voters

aze_bite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using ipad for browsing and checking mails social netwoking thats it

Sent from my iPad 4 16gb wifi +4g using iPF

anitapamela

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Emailing, research, reading, gaming and watching tv/films, I wouldn't be without it

Mon5678

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Moderator Edit: external link disallowed...please read the rules nice link but in polish language!

Last edited by a moderator:

reaston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the morning, I use it for reading the paper. During work, I will use it for emailing, online research or writing an occasional script (I work at a TV news station). After work, web browsing (I love Flipboard) and before bed reading books or comics. I also have about 6 magazine subscriptions, mostly on photography. Oh, I also store photos, write the occasional blog on it and even play games sometimes. There is never enough room on this thing. It has a 64 gig hard drive. I wish it was 4 times that!

Wayneb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad for email, web browsing, as an ebook reader for books and magazines, play games that are designed to improve your brain and as a controller for my home automation system.

redfoxcolony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I initially purchased an iPad 4 4G LTE with the intention of using it for note taking (both written and voice) and for wildlife nature guide reference. Since then, I use it for most everything, including some limited PHP programming with the various coding editors and for remote web site maintenance. I travel into the field a lot while photographing wildlife and use both an external battery and solar recharger (on my backpack) to keep my iPad and iPhone charged. Generally, the iPad has solved an incredible number of problems for me while traveling away from home.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use my iPad 4 for study, research, reading books, watching videos, surfing the web and email. So, I chose "Both" in the poll. I even use it to manage my websites (SFTP, SSH, code writing, etc.) and I don't even feel the need for a desktop machine anymore.

rjkgr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use it for work only when i need to but i usually use it for personal use

iCloud9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to use it for everything. Going to have very little music on it, I have my iTouch for that.

DMS450

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine for personal use. I bought it so I could download movies/audiobooks to watch on a long flight. Really that was the main reason. I ended up only watching one movie I bought/rented and found out I don't like to listen to books, but, would rather read them. However, I love playing on the iPad, Facebook, Pinterest, email, yes I'm a empty nester homemaker, so, this is what I do.

DMS450

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what iPad I have or what version I started with, but, I'm not happy with the new music app version I have had to change to. I believe it's the newest version. Probably just not use to it yet.

ElectronicMile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought mine a couple of weeks ago, during summer break, and used it mainly for entertainment (games, movies,...) and web browsing. Now I'm in Spain as an exchange student this semester and I'm discovering the practical use of my iPad. For example: free e-books for my literature courses instead of having to buy them at stores or searching in the library and then copying the relevant chapters. Also, Erasmus administration is killing me. If it weren't for Evernote I'd have missed so many deadlines and important things to do.
I don't have a printer here, but I can carry all digital documents with me. It makes it all so much easier.

Most reactions

Latest posts