How do we really know we bought a iPad4? Where is it noted?

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by ipadder474, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skull One

Skull One
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    LOL. I was ->' '<- that close to typing something like that up.

2. seneca18

seneca18
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    For what it's worth you can run a simple browser benchmark such as broswermark and compare the two. It will give you a little bit of an indication as to the difference in capabilities of the two devices. However in simple web browsing you will not notice much of a difference. My iPad 3rd generation usually gets a score of around 126,000 and my 4s is usually around 109,000. At the Apple store I did one on the 4th gen iPad and it was over 200,000.

3. I_luv_Apple

I_luv_Apple
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
  4. ipadder474

ipadder474
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    tttttttttttttttt

#24 ipadder474, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  5. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It seems like you already know the answer to your questions that you have posted, but just searching for what others will say.

6. Skull One

Skull One
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    No harm at all. But I will say you are showing a knee jerk reaction to something you don't understand. Your video statement is the perfect example to that effect. You might want to quantify a little better what your real concern is. IE do you simply think you overpaid for you iPad 4 and you are trying to justify its existence? Because that could be an interesting discussion. But insinuating that Apple may be doing something underhanded after releasing the iPad 4, that just doesn't fly.

7. ipadder474

ipadder474
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    On Left

#27 ipadder474, Nov 9, 2012
  8. Skull One

Skull One
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    And all that pictures shows is the typical tendency of Samsung of using a highly reflective protective screen for the LCD panel (just like their TVs).

Otherwise because the original picture was taken in a low resolution and then further shrunk down to its current resolution, there is really nothing you can glean from the comparison that could even be considered objective or factual.

9. ipadder474

ipadder474
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Now in plain English just what was that double speak? The picture must show something, are you going on iPad defence? If so I hardly think it is really needed.

#29 ipadder474, Nov 9, 2012
  10. Skull One

Skull One
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I said nothing could be gleaned (determined) due to the very low resolution of the picture (800x600). There was no double speak. I was simply stating a fact.

Furthermore your picture didn't level the playing field for both devices. While yes you used the same picture on both, you didn't set the brightness to the same cd/m2. Plus the fact that you allowed an extra light source (the reflection at the bottom of the Samsung tablet) to appear means you further contaminated the ability to discern any differences properly.

So if you want to demonstrate something you should at least setup a common condition for both devices and use a very high resolution camera. Preferably one with at least 12 megapixels. Don't post a PNG or JPG. Because those two introduce artifacting (pixelatation). You should use a TIFF that is uncompressed.

Also to get some really good color data, you would also need to take a picture of a color chart so that your camera's color calibration and moire pattern tendency can be removed from the equation.

OH a heads up, I have been used as an expert in digital photography authenticity and manipulation in the past. I might know a thing or two on the subject matter ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.