What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I upgrade iOS from 4.21 to 4.33?

Zuzijo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Is it possible to upgrade an ipad2 from 4.21 to 4.33 using stock firmware and DFU mode, so the I can jailbreak using jailbreakme?

Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid not. Read the stickies in our Hacking section to find out why but the bottom line is that this is not possible.

Tim

OP
Z

Zuzijo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even with using Suariks server to 'fool' iTunes into thinking it's being signed?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure that far more experienced Members will soon respond but I have heard nothing to convince me that it's possible.

Tim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. Do you have an iPad1 or and iPad2? You say you have a 2, but then you mention wanting to upgrade from iOS 4.2.1, which did not come on the 2.

If you do have an iPad2, then it's only possible to upgrade to 4.3.3 IF you have saved SHSH blobs for that version. Else, there is no way to do it. None.

If you have an iPad1, without blobs, there's no way either. However, you CAN upgrade an iPad1 to iOS 4.3.5 and then do a tethered jailbreak.

It all really depends on which iPad you have...

Marilyn

OP
Z

Zuzijo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Must be 4.3.1 then ....
I have both iPad1 and 2 and am no newcomer to jailbreaking, which ive been doing on iphones since they came out!! The ipad1 is already JB'd and I'll use Pwnage to upgrade it. My query is for the iPad 2?on which I missed the boat by about 24 hours!! After waiting ages for the jailbreak to come out I was too busy with work to actually get round to doing it!!
I've been getting conflicting advice on no links to blogs, please so I thought I'd give this forum a shot.
What would be your best advice then? Stay at 4.3.1 and hope a solution is found or go ahead and update and wait for the 5 jailbreak?

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions