What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I update my ipad1 IOS3.2 to any newer IOS? How do I jailbreak my ipad1?

jayalpert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me how I may go about updating my ipad1 IOS 3.2 to any more up to date IOS? Or how to update to itunes 10? Or how i can jailbreak my ipad1?

Please if anyone can Text me instructions on how to do any or all of these things it would be greatly appreciated. I downloaded the IOS 5 file onto my blackberry then attempted to Bluetooth it to my iPad but couldn't link up. So I transferred the file to my wife's Mac book and tried to update my iPad from there but was unable to. I then tried to update to itunes 10 from the Mac book but was again unable to do so. The reason I need to update my IOS is because I need to install apples wifi trespass app. If anyone can explain this to me or Text me instructions or alternatives it would be greatly appreciated.

[Moderator edit: Removed personal contact info. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

P.S. If anyone knows of an app to help integrate my iPad and my blackberry torch 9800 that also would be a huge help. As I almost upgraded to an iphone 3GS last night but AT&T wants charge me an additional $200 for an early upgrade or wait until June.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The easiest thing to do is to load the newest version of iTunes (version 10.6 as of this writing) onto the computer you normally use to sync the iPad to. Then, after iTunes is updated, plug the iPad in, let iTunes recognize it as needing an upgrade and follow the iTunes prompts and you should be good to go. All the work will be done by iTunes.

It will be best if you do a backup before starting the upgrade process (after you have the newest iTunes loaded). That way, when your iPad is finished being upgraded by iTunes, you can restore from backup and thus not lose your data and settings.

After you've gotten the iPad (and iTunes) updated - the iPad will update to iOS 5.1, which is the newest firmware version - then you can go ahead and do a tethered jailbreak using the steps outlined in this link: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?p=339425

Good luck and do let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts