What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i sync my ipad via wi-fi?

BALDYMONSTER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have already linked it to a laptop and set it up to do so.

When I go to iTunes there doesn't seem to be any signing in or syncing/updating option?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have already linked it to a laptop and set it up to do so.

When I go to iTunes there doesn't seem to be any signing in or syncing/updating option?
The OB has got it right. You need to look at the Wi-Fi syncing part. I have enabled this option and it works well.

OP
BALDYMONSTER

BALDYMONSTER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still no idea, I can't even seem to have an option to sign in?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Still no idea, I can't even seem to have an option to sign in?
Sign in to your Apple Account on iTunes? When you open iTunes for the first time, you have 2 options, one of which is go to the iTunes store. When you tap on it, it asks for your Apple account ID and password. That's it for logging in, but to set iCloud backup to automatic, you need to connect the iPad to your PC, you then get an iPad button beside the iTunes store button on the upper right corner of the window, below the search library field. When you tap on it, a page is displayed showing basic info of your iPad. This is the 'summary' tab. In the lower part of the window, there is a backup section, and an 'automatically backup heading'. Set that to iCloud.

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a setting on iTunes that need to be set to accomplish this. Connect your iPad to the PC via the usb cable and once the iPad is visible, select it. On one of the first screens of the iPad view in iTunes, towards the bottom is a check box that must be selected to synch the iPad via WiFi. Once checked, i suggest a backup of the iPad and then it should be visible via WiFi.

Sent from my iPad using IPF

Most reactions

Latest posts