What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i stop "Get the App" adds?

YH8NE1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have several "get the app" requests that are becoming nuisances. For instance yahoo mail and banking apps that I already have installed when I go and access these particular things a "Get the App" pops up and I have to say "no thanks" every time. How do I stop these invasions of requests for apps I either have already or don't want at all???

Sent from my iPad using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been getting those myself for quite a while, even when visiting websites that also have an app. Unfortunately, I don't think that there is a way of stopping these annoying pop ups.

OP
Y

YH8NE1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear moderator, I seem to be missing your point in asking, I'm assuming me, to read the forum rules. Having done so, I seem to be missing some tacit meaning you are trying to make. Please be more clear with your intentions lest there be other inadvertent infractions of your forums rules.

OP
Y

YH8NE1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry Scifan I think that "read the rules" is just a tag to your avatar. I apologize for my confusion. YH8NE1

Last edited:
OP
Y

YH8NE1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One final remark. If this pop up situation escalates any further. I am hoping the Apple people will realize the ipad experience will be one of dread.

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is not nessecariyly an apple issue, but rather the wish of the sites we visit. Maybe they hope to expose us to more adds with the app?

Most reactions

Latest posts