What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I stop apps that start by themselves.

Barty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a couple of games that, while my iPad is on stand by, sometimes will just launch by themselves and tell me to play now to collect some game bonus. I don't mean a notification , but the app actually launching, full game. What the heck? This is a waste of battery.

One is real racing 3, the other is fresh deck poker. EA's Scrabble also does this sometimes.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Should not be possible.

The most that the app should be capable of is giving you an Alert, a window in the center of your screen that must be dismissed or accepted.

Go to Settings > Notification Center and select the app. It should be in either the INCLUDE or the DO NOT INCLUDE list. Once selected you will see three alert styles. Banners is temporary and comes out of the top of your screen. Alerts shows up in the center of the screen and must be acted on. None is prevents any live alerts. Depending on other settings you may still see something in the Notification Center itself.

If what you are seeing is not an Alert, then please try and get a screen capture the next time it happens; because I'm pretty much at a loss otherwise.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have a couple of games that, while my iPad is on stand by, sometimes will just launch by themselves and tell me to play now to collect some game bonus. I don't mean a notification , but the app actually launching, full game. What the heck? This is a waste of battery.

One is real racing 3, the other is fresh deck poker. EA's Scrabble also does this sometimes.
I do play Real Racing 3 on my iPad, but it does not give me similar problems which are stated by you.

OP
B

Barty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what the heck is up. Maybe it is my cat LOL.

Most reactions

Latest posts