What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I stop app requests when browsing a forum with Safari?

Spawn_e_git

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Recently got the ipad3 as I was fed up with laptops lying around. I always avoided the iPhone or iPad because the NBC website used flash. Now that has changed I love the pad but I get really frustrated when I browse a forum, I keep getting the pop up asking me to install the forum app and I have to cancel it every page I browse.

Can I turn these notifications off as they are very annoying.

Many thanks Mark

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure I always thought it was a pop up generated by the website, to use their own app so that you have full functionality of the forum on the iPad, I just hit cancel unless it's one you visit a lot. I've had other websites bring up pop up messages also. I just thought it was the website doing it. I've never seen an option for it to be turned off.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I already have the iPad forums app installed and I also get this pop up asking me if I want to download the forum app while browsing the forum. This happens while visiting the forum website instead of the forum app.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I already have the iPad forums app installed and I also get this pop up asking me if I want to download the forum app while browsing the forum. This happens while visiting the forum website instead of the forum app.

Yeah same for me, I think it's just built into the website regardless. You will probably just have stick with it I'm afraid.

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I'm extremely frustrated with this pop up that started two weeks ago. I'm almost ready to leave the forum because of it. I need to use my RSS reader to get through all my feeds efficiently. Now iPad Forum wants to force me to use their app. I have 300 apps and don't need a redundant one like this. Please stop this heavy handed tactic. I already subscribe through Google Reader and don't need or want the app. Please get rid of this pop up!

Most reactions

Latest posts