How do I stop app requests when browsing a forum with Safari?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Spawn_e_git, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Spawn_e_git

Spawn_e_git iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi. Recently got the ipad3 as I was fed up with laptops lying around. I always avoided the iPhone or iPad because the NBC website used flash. Now that has changed I love the pad but I get really frustrated when I browse a forum, I keep getting the pop up asking me to install the forum app and I have to cancel it every page I browse.

Can I turn these notifications off as they are very annoying.

Many thanks Mark

2. therealriley

therealriley iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    I'm not sure I always thought it was a pop up generated by the website, to use their own app so that you have full functionality of the forum on the iPad, I just hit cancel unless it's one you visit a lot. I've had other websites bring up pop up messages also. I just thought it was the website doing it. I've never seen an option for it to be turned off.

3. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,097 / 1
    I already have the iPad forums app installed and I also get this pop up asking me if I want to download the forum app while browsing the forum. This happens while visiting the forum website instead of the forum app.

4. therealriley

therealriley iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Yeah same for me, I think it's just built into the website regardless. You will probably just have stick with it I'm afraid.

5. emm

emm iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yes, I'm extremely frustrated with this pop up that started two weeks ago. I'm almost ready to leave the forum because of it. I need to use my RSS reader to get through all my feeds efficiently. Now iPad Forum wants to force me to use their app. I have 300 apps and don't need a redundant one like this. Please stop this heavy handed tactic. I already subscribe through Google Reader and don't need or want the app. Please get rid of this pop up!