What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i sinc the calendar on my iphone 3gs to the calendar on my ipad2

camnsteph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to sinc the calendar on my iPhone with the one on my iPad? I don't want to retype everything if I don't have to.

Thanks!

emelpenni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for asking this, I asked a while back, and was hoping not to have to type everything. So do u need to have everything in a google calendar? Sorry still not sure I understand

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can sync your phone to the same computer that you sync the iPad to, just select calendars in iTunes.

emelpenni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didnt have much luck - only thing in Itunes was outlook calendar - I am working on a PC - searched google with my question too and nothing there either. I am not looking forward to typing all of my info into my ipad and having to update both each time :-(. any other options? thanks~~~

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
both devices have to do this.

what you want.
Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

to setup gmail
Sync iPhone Contacts, Calendars & Notes with Gmail – Syncing iPhone with Google Contacts

to setup hotmail
Sync iPhone Contacts & Emails with Hotmail

on devices, make sure your default calendar, does not say "calendar", it should say whatever you added.
if it says calendar, only that device will have whatever you typed.

i personally like to use Gmail for this kinda stuff.

Last edited:

emelpenni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If i already have a gmail account that is activated on my iphone do i need to delate that account and start over with the new instructions?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If i already have a gmail account that is activated on my iphone do i need to delate that account and start over with the new instructions?

not sure how you have it setup, but straight from google, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Gmail Help

you should look like this in email setup after
iphone-notes-2.png

and your notes will support gmail now, and on my Mac mail client(mail app), i can have access to the same notes from device, and add or edit them.
iphone-notes.png

Mail-app-wiress-sync.jpg

your calendar
Picture-5.png

your google calendar sync
Picture-4.png

i dont physically go online to my google calendar to update or add stuff, i use either my devices or my Mac calendar(iCal, which is synced also with my google calendar)

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dont forget to change the default account to your@gmail on notes and calendar, or they will not sync.

ios_42_settings_notes_fonts.png

to see default calendar, scroll down in the settings of mail,contacts,calendars...
ios-101-configuring-email-8211-the-power-of-push_3.jpg

Last edited:

emelpenni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This was so very helpful thanks VERY much - for the most part I am all set, but my calendar is the only thing that is not set up. I followed all of your steps and my default calendar is the gmail account. I dont know what i am doing wrong. I noticed you had the same birthday app that i do - but it can't be found when i tried to move it to my google account. That is covered in another post so i wont go into it here, I just really wanted to thank you for getting me much farther along than i was!

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
none of those screenshots are mine, all from google somewhere, i'm too lazy to do mine, but it would be more easy for me to explain exactly what i'm sayin, and would make more sense, but its similar.

Most reactions

Latest posts