What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I send and receive rich text mail on g mail using ipad's safari browser ?

ipad.subu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

How do I send and receive rich text mail on g mail using ipads safari browser

Ps on why do I need this ...... Wy not link the mail acc to iPad's e mail client etc .....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I already have one g mail on this iPad e mail client .... My present email ac is my main account and has mail much much more than the 5 mb or so given by iPad etc etc .....

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Still don't understand why you can't link both to the iPad app, I have four email setup in the mail app.

OP
I

ipad.subu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
Still don't understand why you can't link both to the iPad app, I have four email setup in the mail app.

Ok.... What about the space limitations ?

Further is there a way to send rich text mail from the iPad mail client ? Or ?

Independent of that is there a way to send rich text mail from gmail using safari web browser ?

Tia

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only answer I've got for you is that now iOS 5 allows you to add in text formatting to your e-mails. You can put in bold, italic and underlined text. To get there, you've got to select a word and then drill through a bit of a hashed up menu system to find the icons. That's the only rich text options I know of ... and, again, they are only in the new iOS 5.

I should think it would work the same whether you opened the Mail app or had the Mail app opened by pressing the arrow in Safari.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Never come across space limitations, but maybe thats because my accounts are all setup as exchange servers, so the ipad just retrieves emails as and when I need them.

Just checked the RTF options and they are only available in the mail app, not via composing a new message on mail.google.com in safari.

OP
I

ipad.subu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
Never come across space limitations, but maybe thats because my accounts are all setup as exchange servers, so the ipad just retrieves emails as and when I need them.

Just checked the RTF options and they are only available in the mail app, not via composing a new message on mail.google.com in safari.

Thanks

I am ready to go the mail app route

What are the best ways to do the following

1. Write a covering letter in rich text or lets call it a formatted covering letter
2. Enclose a word or xl file ... I do * not * have word or xl programmes in iPad and do not intend spending 100 dollars for that
3. Send the mail ...with the rich text covering letter and attachment

repeat .... *How to .... if i go the mail app route , *.... Meaning set up an account that would work on the mail app ....

Most reactions