What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I save files from Dropbox directly to my IPAD

Ginny55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the IPAD3 Wifi only version. I have Powerpoint presentations that I want to show customers that are presently saved in Dropbox for use on my IPAD. If the client does not have wireless, I can't get into the Dropbox files. I use QuickOffice HD. Is their a way to save a file in Dropbox directly to my IPAd?

Thanks.

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you have previously save the file in Dropbox just Favorite it. Click on the little star in the upper right hand corner. Then that file is available off line.

If this solution works for you, let us know.

ginny62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, it did not. I found another way by making a small change to the PowerPoint, I can then save as and choose to save directly on my iPad. Thanks for replying.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, it did not. I found another way by making a small change to the PowerPoint, I can then save as and choose to save directly on my iPad. Thanks for replying.

...and what was your way, just for others to know about...?

Phoenix Rising

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a complete Newbie to iPad and I did what was suggested in this thread. I'm not sure if it worked, I'll find out when I am away from home and therefore the internet. What I did is I saved the PDF timetables of the busses and trains I need to go out and about to college and other frequent places, where my iPad won't be connected to the internet. How do I open them to use them when dropbox is offline as it will be when I'm out and about? At home, where the internet connection is on, I have the option to open it in Documents2 (an app already loaded when the college gave me the iPad) or in Docscan (which seems more like a camera to me).

Docscan just gives me a headache if I try to use it as something other than a camera and even then I wouldn't know how to access any pictures taken. Documents2 will allow me to have multiple files open if I open them from dropbox but closes them if I follow the arrows to look at a previously opened document, so I can't go back and forward to compare. Is there a simpler way?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to settings and turn on AirPlane mode. Open the DropBox app. If you can open the stared (favorited) documents, it worked. The ability to open a document in another app should also work with stared items.

Airplane mode turns off all your radios, so you can't pull things from the internet; making it a good test of how the iPad will work offline; since it is offline. You can experiment this way and see what does or does not work, avoiding unpleasant surprises later, hopefully. :)

I can't help you with Docscan or Documents2, as I don't have them.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I like to open all PDFs in iBooks. Once opened, they are saved there automatically, and I always know where to find them. Any app capable of handling PDFs should offer iBooks as an option in the action menu.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Phoenix Rising

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks twerppoet, it worked.:eek:

I think I'm going to love it here at this forum, I get advice here that I can understand and works the way I need it to. I feel so much better about the Infernal Device now. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're welcome.

It's a pretty good bunch of people here, I agree. Together we can find and answer to most iOS problems.

Most reactions

Latest posts