What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i reserve one?

tehBrad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm am almost brand new to this forums and to apple products (i have an itouch) but i have never been to an apple store. I was wondering how do i reserve an ipad for the 3rd? Do i do this online or do i have to camp out the night before pre order?

Thanks beforehand if anyone knows

Snoopyto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reservation

I have yet to deal with Apple on a new release. But I am curious when Apple will charge my credit card. When I ordered my iPhoneGS from the ATT store, I was charged at that point.

The reason I am asking is that I have money set aside from the iPad, but if they are not going to charge right away, I should get an apple gift card.

Any advice welcome.

codyhinson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, you will be charged when you order from the apple on line store it is a reservation int he sense that you will get a ipad with payment when they become aviable, i hope this was helpful

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, you will be charged when you order from the apple on line store it is a reservation int he sense that you will get a ipad with payment when they become aviable, i hope this was helpful

I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion.. For that matter, to be honest, I'm not sure what you're actually saying.

With a very few exceptions, it is not legal for a company to actually charge a credit card for good ordered before they are actually shipped. They may 'authorize' the charge, which, if using a debit card as opposed to a credit card, may lock the funds in your account and make them unavailable for up to 30 days, but they will not actually process the debit against the account until the product is ready to ship.

In the case of reservations, no-one here can address the specifics of how it's going to work unless we have a stealth Apple employee on the forum and I doubt they will answer the question either.

I think we'll just have to wait till Friday to find out. That said, the reservation system should ensure that you do not have to camp out at an Apple store to get your iPad.

codyhinson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well as i said and no need for you kilted tim to be rude and think or elude i don't know what im saying, i will inform you my bf works for apple in tucson arizona so id do have a apple insider here beside me and its apple policy if you pre-order a product you will pay then and there so it can be shipped when available. So before you decide to question peoples knowledge learn to ask them if they have a insider to answer the question

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your pretty late on it but not too late. If you go to your nearest apple store and reserve it. You'll probably get it 2 days after launch. Amazon.com you can also get it. But you'll probably get it 1week and 3days after launch.

rag1247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe with one of the reservations for the iphone, apple stated that it did not guarantee availabilty when you got to the store

without the final details no one knows how it is going to work

Richard

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad is not for free, but is good for cook

well as i said and no need for you kilted tim to be rude and think or elude i don't know what im saying, i will inform you my bf works for apple in tucson arizona so id do have a apple insider here beside me and its apple policy if you pre-order a product you will pay then and there so it can be shipped when available. So before you decide to question peoples knowledge learn to ask them if they have a insider to answer the question

Cody i don't see Tim to be rude, he is right on what he say but seem's you insist on you're wrong thinking ... so what we have to say ??

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My intent was not to be rude or insulting. I'm simply stating fact. Your original post was extremely confusing to me. You seemed to be saying that you will be charged when ordering and charged when the product is delivered to you (pick up or otherwise). This doesn't make logical sense to me. Which did you mean? The laws regarding charging for product prior to shipment are pretty clear. It's illegal for a vendor to charge for a product that is ordered for delivery prior to shipment. Pre-ordering for pick up starts to enter a gray area. I suspect the charge may be 'authorized' but not actually completed until pickup/shipment. Authorization of a charge and actually processing the charge/debit are two completely different things, though they may appear to function the same way to the end customer, especially when a debit card is used instead of a credit card.

I apologize if you took offense. That wasn't my intent.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad don't cook, but can make you hungry

My intent was not to be rude or insulting. I'm simply stating fact. Your original post was extremely confusing to me. You seemed to be saying that you will be charged when ordering and charged when the product is delivered to you (pick up or otherwise). This doesn't make logical sense to me. Which did you mean? The laws regarding charging for product prior to shipment are pretty clear. It's illegal for a vendor to charge for a product that is ordered for delivery prior to shipment. Pre-ordering for pick up starts to enter a gray area. I suspect the charge may be 'authorized' but not actually completed until pickup/shipment. Authorization of a charge and actually processing the charge/debit are two completely different things, though they may appear to function the same way to the end customer, especially when a debit card is used instead of a credit card.

I apologize if you took offense. That wasn't my intent.

Tim is for this reason in PayPal you have the function conflict, because until you don't have the product in hand you can cancel you're reservation ... for a debit card is a little trouble, but you can request to be refunded ... as i do online sale (and soon lot of Ipad products will come out) so i agree with you as we know well the rule of the E-commerce :D

JCW0207

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pre-Order vs Reservations

I spoke to Apple customer service today (Thur, 3/11) @ 1-800-MY-APPLE. They told me that there is no difference in delivery/availability between Pre-Order and Store Reservations. If you Pre-Order, the WiFi units will be delivered (not shipped, but delivered) to you on April 3rd. They also indicated that you could also pre-order the 3G models tomorrow and they would be delivered in "late April".

I am thinking that Pre-Order may be a safer bet for delivery than a Store reservation. I suspect that each store will be shipped "x" amount of product based on previous market activity. Obviously there could be a chance that any specific model may sell-out. And with pre-order, you avoid the crowds.

gpaisnd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reserving an iPad

Hi everyone,

I've spoken to 2 different Apple sales people on the phone and this is what I've been told so far.

You can order by phone tomorrow morning (7am EST or 8am EST for biz). You can either pick it up at an Apple Store on April 3rd or it will be delivered to you on April 3rd. I'm having it delivered as the closest Apple store for me is 2.5 hr away.

Credit card is not charged until shipped--but it doesn't hurt to confirm this at time of order.

Couldn't answer me about Apple Care or warranty.

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
I remember before the first shuffle was released (and open for pre orders) I simply walked into the apple store and reserved one in my name, and when they were released I got a phonecall from the store that they had one put away for me. No money upfront!
But then, that might have been more of a "reservation" than a pre order! :) Heck, there will be plenty to go around, I wouldnt worry so much what time of the day I will get mine!

Most reactions