What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I read only updates to the whole forum

Tudor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the now extinct iPad app I was able to read just the updates since I last used the app and then set all as read. How do I do this on the web only version?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While the website view of this forum doesn't have the feature to allow you to see only the updates since your last visit, it does come close. If you go to the top of the page and tap or click on the active topics section, you'll see a list of all the new and recently updated threads.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's also "New Posts" in the Forums tab, which will only show unread threads/posts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also:

The Watched Threads tab under the Forums tab will show you just your unread subscribed (watched) posts. Like the old forum, there is a link at the bottom of the list that lets you see all your watched (subscribed) threads.

Most pages under the Forum tab offer a Mark Forums Read link. If you are in a specific forum you'll have the option to mark just that forum read, otherwise it marks everything.

So, there are actually three ways to get very similar results to the old forum. One of them is bound to be close enough. I tend to bounce between the Active Topics and my Alerts, with occasional visits to Watched Threads, to make sure I don't miss anyone important.

Lot's of redundancy, I know. Eventually I'll figure out what method I like best and settle.

Most reactions

Latest posts