What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i play wav files on my iPad?

michiel111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get à lot of wav files - they play fine on my Mac but nothing on my iPad - any suggestions out there?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use two apps interchangeably to run .wav files: OPlayer HD or AcePlayer. You can get a Lite version of OPlayer to try out and see if it works for you.

I'm sure there are others - these are two that work well for me.

Marilyn

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I use two apps interchangeably to run .wav files: OPlayer HD or AcePlayer. You can get a Lite version of OPlayer to try out and see if it works for you.

I'm sure there are others - these are two that work well for me.

Marilyn

Marilyn, does Oplayer play .flac files?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. I honestly don't know. I've never tried it (that I know of). Heck, had to go to the Google to understand .flac files. :)

But, the App Store description says it can. Sometimes that doesn't mean anything, though both apps have handles anything i've thrown at them (my family/friends e-mail me the darnedest things! :)).

Another quick Google didn't find me any .flac files to put on my iPad and test. You know where any such files are (PM me the site)? I don't mind checking...

Marilyn

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Marilyn. These are files from CDs that I have ripped myself.

I'm just curious because I have quite a few and they are not normally compatible with iDevices. I'll check out Oplayer. It will save having to rip the CDs again if it works.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts