What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I navigate around?

Dasanti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For example:
From the home page I touch APP STORE. It takes me to the last app I downloaded, kind of figured out that if I tap the Categories icon it will take me to a list of various apps.
BUT
Say I am done "shopping"... how do I do something else?? I have been hitting the HOME button which takes me back home so to speak where I tap on another icon. Am I navigating correctly or am I missing something here? It seems all I do is hit the HOME button everytime I finish a task.
Right or wrong way.... or is there a better way?
Hope all this makes sense.
Dasanti

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Of course you can also double tap the home button, which brings up the switcher of recently used app. That way you can navigate between apps without returning to the home screen provided you have used the app you want to go to recently. Maybe that's the 2nd method you are looking for? :)

OP
D

Dasanti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course you can also double tap the home button, which brings up the switcher of recently used app. That way you can navigate between apps without returning to the home screen provided you have used the app you want to go to recently. Maybe that's the 2nd method you are looking for? :)

Could Be! I gave it a try, seems more logical, but as you said it only shows the last app used.

Bottom line to my question was this: Was I doing it wrong?? Guess not!
Thanks All

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, but once you used a few more apps, it will shows more, and of course you can swipe it left and right for more of your recently used icons... It's best to use this mode when your are switching between maybe 4 or 5 things max in a "session"... Otherwise, bit's back to the home screen to do something completely different :D

And no, you're not doing it wrong ;)

Most reactions