What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I move icons from page to page?

Vagulus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad Air shows up to 20 ap icons on a page. How can I bring the icons I use most to the front page and push the rest to later pages?

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm gonna put in an easier way. Put the app to the dock, swipe to the page you want to move the app, drag it out of the dock and put it in the page.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can do what Seraphim said, here's the other method :

1. Tap and hold the icon until they start to jiggle.
2. Drag the icon to the left or right margin (whichever way you want to shift them). The pages will then start changing, with the icon moving along.
3. Leave the icon when you have reached the desired page.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And to add -

If you have lots of apps to move, it's quicker if you put them all in a folder and then move them to the screen you want.....or even put the folder on the dock, as Seraphim has said and swipe to the screen you want.

To create a folder, press an app until it jiggles then press it again and then drag it on top of another app and a folder will be created. The folder will be named according to the first app you combined with another app. You can change the name of a folder, while they are still jiggling, just tap the X to the right of the Title and then input the name you wish.

To take apps out of a folder, tap the folder and it will open, just press on an app until it jiggles and drag it out, once they are all taken out, the folder will disappear.

When you're finished moving your apps around, just tap the home button and the jiggling will stop.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
And then there is the super duper power user way that no one really want to use; but sometimes comes in handy for extreme home screen makeovers.

If you sync with iTunes on a computer you can connect your iPad, select it, and go to the Apps sync settings. The iPad home screens are displayed, and you can move the apps around on them. The next time you sync the iPad will rearrange the apps icons, folders, and pages to match.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry to appear like a dumbo - occupational hazard fo a dumbo - but:
What's a Dock?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) My first question from looking @ your posts, have you downloaded the iOS 7 manual to your iPad? Check HERE for the PDF User's Guide - much can be learned from this document - give it a try.

As to the 'Dock' - this is the bottom array of icons of Apps that you want to appear on your 'Home Pages' (assuming you have more than one) - these do not change as you move from one home page to another, so a nice place to store apps that you use often - see the attached pic w/ the arrow. Dave
ipad2.jpeg

Most reactions

Latest posts