What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I make sure my resume looks nice and neat?

nralgnam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doing my resume in pages on ipad because I have no other computer nor can I borrow one.
When ive done my resume in pages it looks nice and neat. But how do I know it doesnt look like a clusterf..k when someone is viewing it in word?

Is there a way of knowing without having to email someone my resume and ask? Maybe if I turn it into a pdf it will look the same for sure?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mail it to yourself and open it in another app that can view doc files like Documents to Go, or just send it to a friend and ask them to review it for you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Personally, as long as the employer accepts PDF, I'd do it that way. It's about as universal as you can get these days.

peterkelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.uxproductivity.com
PDF is the only reliable way of ensuring consistent layout when sending documents to other people, because it stores the exact position of all the text on each page. Sending files as word documents, even if you check it first on word on your own computer, won't ensure that the page layout stays the same on the other persons. The most common reason for this is that they may have a different set of fonts installed (which affects how many words fit on each line, and thus how many lines fit on page), and I've heard of cases where even having different printer settings can affect the layout. PDF is the way to go - this is what all professional academic papers are published in, for instance.

Most reactions

Latest posts