What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i install apps

Russ123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello i have recently bought an ipad 1st generation for my daughter with special needs as she uses one at school with education apps. The one i have bought has been factory reset and also i have never had an itunes account .
Do i install itunes on to my laptop then
select which apps then sync the ipad to my itunes account and will it the install the older versions of the apps ?.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to iPF!

I'm extremely sorry to say, but there is high chance that you, being a new iTunes user are out of luck.

There is no harm in trying, so try these steps and check whether it happens or not.

1. Sign into your Apple Account from iTunes and iPad. If you don't have one, make it.

2. Download the latest version from iTunes on your computer. (NOT iPAD)

3. From App Store > Purchased, try to download the app on your iPad now.

Let's hope this works. Please post back! Good luck!

OP
R

Russ123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh no . I have bought it off Ebay and it might arrive today .
This will make it useless to me then ?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apple no longer manufactures iPad 1. The only models currently are the iPad 4 and iPad Air and mini. It may be useless if the above mentioned steps don't work.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Will this not work by installing older versions ??

https://discussions.apple.com/message/24053598

Sorry to say, this will not work because the iPad was never backed up before, that it would back up the app data, which is what is mentioned in the link.

But you could try these steps as I indicated in an earlier post.

1. Sign into your Apple Account from iTunes and iPad. If you don't have one, make it.

2. Download the latest version from iTunes on your computer. (NOT iPAD)

3. From App Store > Purchased, try to download the app on your iPad now.

OP
R

Russ123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you read page 2 theres a bit more information.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Whats given on page 2 is absolutely what I'm asking you to do. Only that your iTunes account is new and some new users have failed in this method. However, you should try that for sure.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts