1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How do I import a csv file into Bento?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Biggles_downunder, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Biggles_downunder

Biggles_downunder iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am a new iPad owner who has been a dedicated Windows jockey for many years.

I have been using FileMaker Pro (v4) on my PC for many years and soon after getting my iPad I downloaded Bento onto it.

Surely there must be a way of getting the CSV file I exported out of FileMaker into Bento on my iPad.

I tried emailing it to myself as an attachment but I then only had the option to open it with DocsToGo - no mention of Bento.

What am I doing wrong?

Also each time I open the Mail app, I now see this document with no way to close it, so I need to also know how to get back to my inbox (I know asking two questions in the one post is a bit naughty!
  2. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Can't help with Bento as I've never used it , but I believe Filemaker has recently released an iPad app which should sync with your PC.
  3. Biggles_downunder

Biggles_downunder iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Hasty, but I hope I don't have to shell out more money in an effort to turn Bento into an app that meets my purposes.

The good news is that I got rid of the document mentioned in the second part of my post - a hard reset did the trick.