What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get UK public holidays into my iPad Calendar?

richard_anthony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am keen to use my iPad calendar, and I've successfully integrated my Google calendar into it, but haven't worked out how to get UK public holidays (Christmas, Easter, bank holidays etc.) into the calendar. There doesn't seem to be any option in Settings to do this.

Any suggestions welcome :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Settings > General > International > Region Format.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Do you have the UK holidays calendar added in your gmail account? If so go to m.google.com/sync in safari on your ipad and select the calendars you wish to sync. These will then be added to your sync settings.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to Settings>Mail/Contacts/Calendars>Add account>Other>Add Subscribed Calendars> then copy and pasted the address from Apple's web site for the calendar I wanted. Now it syncs with my other devices as well.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I went to Settings>Mail/Contacts/Calendars>Add account>Other>Add Subscribed Calendars> then copy and pasted the address from Apple's web site for the calendar I wanted. Now it syncs with my other devices as well.

I forgot about that method. Thanks.

Pinmac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This looks very handy but I can't get it to work so I think I'm doing something wrong. Are the calendars mentioned the ones at apple.com/downloads/macosx/calendars? If so, is the web address of the particular calendar I choose what I put in the settings? I tried this and it says "Unable to verify account information." Can anyone clarify please?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This looks very handy but I can't get it to work so I think I'm doing something wrong. Are the calendars mentioned the ones at apple.com/downloads/macosx/calendars? If so, is the web address of the particular calendar I choose what I put in the settings? I tried this and it says "Unable to verify account information." Can anyone clarify please?

I've found this method to work fine, when it does; and not at all when it does not.

Visit the page in Safari on the iPad. Tap the download button on the page. One of two things happens. You go to a special php page where you can subscribe to the calendar, or it's downloaded in Safari and you get the Open in Calendar option for the attachment.

In the first case you just make sure the settings (if any) are what you want and tap the Subscribe button on that page.

In the second case you'll be taken to Calendar and offered the option of adding all or some of the events.

Or it just won't work.

If you decide you don't want the calendar after all you will 'probably' need to visit Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and open the Subscribed Calendars account. Deleting it from inside the Calendar app does not alway remove the new calendar permanently.

If you know the URL to subscribe to the calendar you can also try and add it as an account. I'm thinking that is what you were trying. Again, success varies, and all I can suggest is play around and see what it does. You can always remove unsuccessful attempts.

I've only played with this for a an hour or so. That means there are probably other surprises and better ways of doing things than I saw.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The calendar I use (US Holidays) looks like this -see attached-

I think I stumbled across the actual URL online somewhere -Google search- (clicking "download" from the Apple site didn't do it, as I recall).

In theory you can see the desired URL in iCal on your computer by selecting the desired calendar and clicking info. (I haven't tried that yet).

Attachments

• image-802905881.png
    image-802905881.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 939

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found icalshare.com had a lot of free calendars. It has a "subscribe" button (it may work), but if you hold the button you can see (and copy) the URL to the settings page.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iCal has a menu item that lead you to Apple's calendar subscription site (Find Subscriptions). And if you keep both Mac and iPad synced in iCloud, the calendar shows up on the iPad too (though not at iCloud.com for some strange reason).

That's how I've always done it, but for those without Macs it's a little more trouble.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts