What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do I get the app store in English?

blm001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I live in Germany, but bare speak German. I just got a new iPad and even though it is set to English, the app store defaults to German. Any way to change this?

Tx in advance

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You would need to get an iTunes account from an English speaking country and use that Apple ID to log into the iTunes Store. If you've already got a Germane account (sounds like you do), then you will then have to juggle two Apple ID's and iTunes accounts. You can't update apps except with the account they are purchased with.

Then again, you are just starting, so it might be a good idea to change to the country of your choice now, before you've spend much money.

There is no way to transfer or combine accounts at this time.

On the computer version of iTunes, at the bottom of the iTunes Store home page there is a Change Country link. You can use this to browse, but will not be able to make a purchase without an account for that store/country. Not all items are available in all countries.

OP
B

blm001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the advice...

there is a third option though... I should learn German!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, if you are living there it would probably be a good idea. Always nice to know if those people over there really are talking about you. ;)

Most reactions