What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get my apps back?

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know what happened, but I have lost almost all of my apps - from my 1st gen IPad. Since owning my tablet I have purchased a fair number of apps from the App store.
I can't remember, right at this moment, every title that I had either bought, or freely downloaded, but can see that there is just one of my apps on my IPad.

Fooling around with ITunes has almost always been a problematic event for me, and it was after integrating my IPad with ITunes, the other day, that I lost my apps. Now, I can't see how to go about getting them back. I can go to the app store, for the titles that I can remember, and download them again, but I (as already mentioned) cannot remember all of the titles. If, and when I am able to get this matter back in hand, I will Do what I can to see that I NEVER fool with Itunes again.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NLAlston said:
I don't know what happened, but I have lost almost all of my apps - from my 1st gen IPad. Since owning my tablet I have purchased a fair number of apps from the App store.
I can't remember, right at this moment, every title that I had either bought, or freely downloaded, but can see that there is just one of my apps on my IPad.

Fooling around with ITunes has almost always been a problematic event for me, and it was after integrating my IPad with ITunes, the other day, that I lost my apps. Now, I can't see how to go about getting them back. I can go to the app store, for the titles that I can remember, and download them again, but I (as already mentioned) cannot remember all of the titles. If, and when I am able to get this matter back in hand, I will Do what I can to see that I NEVER fool with Itunes again.

Open the App Store App then go to the purchased tab, all the apps you previously downloaded will be there......

image-1903287501.jpg

The Archangel

OP
N

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks.

I had remembered that directive just prior to receiving your reply, but am appreciative of your prompt response, anyway.

Yes, the 'purchased' tab, at the Apps Store does indeed reveal all of my purchased apps, and I am glad for that. Now, I wish that there was a way to gain them all bacon my IPad without having to re-download them one by one.

OP
N

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No. I haven't attempted that since last replying to you. 'Been up all night, and about to crash. I will give that a shot when I get up. Hopefully, I will be afforded to do a complete restoring of my apps. Thanks.

OP
N

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did attempt ( a FEW times) syncing with my pc, but all to no avail. There is supposed to be a means by which all purchased/downloaded apps could be called up from the ITunes App Store. I could not see anywhere which would avail me of such opportunity.

Limelight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem. I had to reset my IPad (which didn' t bother me). I syncd with ITunes on my PC and that restored the app I had deleted. I originally deleted the app on my IPod.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NLAlston said:
I did attempt ( a FEW times) syncing with my pc, but all to no avail. There is supposed to be a means by which all purchased/downloaded apps could be called up from the ITunes App Store. I could not see anywhere which would avail me of such opportunity.

The only way I know of to download large numbers of previously purchased apps in one operation is when restoring an iPad from a previous backup on your computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts