What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get iMessage

juuj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have iPad 1 3G and I was wondering if i can text from it to other people like iPod users and iPhone users or are there specific applications to download ?? If there are other applications for IPad texting please tell me .
I would appreciate it if you helped me
Thank you! :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
juuj said:
Hi I have iPad 1 3G and I was wondering if i can text from it to other people like iPod users and iPhone users or are there specific applications to download ?? If there are other applications for IPad texting please tell me .
I would appreciate it if you helped me
Thank you! :)

If your iPad is on at least IOS5 then you can iMessage other iphone, ipad and ipod touch users who are also on this OS over 3G and wifi for free.

OP
juuj

juuj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have IOS 4 does it work or not ?? And are there other apps for texting??

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
juuj said:
I have IOS 4 does it work or not ?? And are there other apps for texting??

You can upgrade to IOS 5.1 now and then you would be able to have iMessage plus a lot of other features. I'm not sure on texting apps, they tend to be country specific.

OP
juuj

juuj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How to upgrade to ios5.1 ?? :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How to upgrade to ios5.1 ?? :)

Plug your iPad into the latest version of iTunes (version 10.6.1 as of this writing) and iTunes should prompt you to upgrade. If it doesn't, you can manually start the upgrade from the iPad summary screen (in iTunes).

Good luck.

Marilyn

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You will need to ensure that you backup everything on your iPad and update the latest version of iTunes on your computer. *It's also a good idea to disconnect your Virus protection/Firewall for the duration of the upgrade. *
I have included a couple of links below which will guide you through it.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/50385-how-do-i-upgrade-ios-5-a.html#post345719
[video=vimeo;30421920]http://vimeo.com/30421920[/video]

Keep in mind that this is a big upgrade and will take some time and is dependent on how many apps etc you have on your iPad

I have now given you your own thread as you in effect hijacked the other thread, which is against our Forum Rules. Please start your own thread after first doing a search in future.

Good luck with the upgrade!

Most reactions

Latest posts