What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get an iPad3?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The "iPad killer" is pretty much a figment of the geek press' imagination. They had their pop at Microsoft, failing miserably, then when Apple started rising to the top of the heap, turned their sights from Redmond to Cupertino.

With more iPads in circulation that every other tablet put together, 25 billion apps downloaded and a bank balance that would allow them to buy Canada, Apple will have to make some serious foulups to enable the competition to get much more than a foot in the door.

The key thing is that every time they change something, they improve it, drastically. You're right. The first owners of the iPad 3 won't be beta testers. They will have a complete, finished, quality product that will last for years. But the real beauty of Apple products is that last years model is still useful. While constantly improving their products, they also prevent older equipment from becoming obselete overnight, quite a feat when you think about it.

Androidfonefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was determined to own an asus prime. I pre ordered in two stores and as luck would have it I realized no matter what I owned at the time I was going to have an ip3.
I own an ip2 since several weeks after it launched.
Luckily for me the all mighty " iPad killer " asus prime tab and dock turned out and still is a big disappointment for thousands. Wifi and gps issues took over instantly and now it's not so much a killer of anything but people's wallets.
Do not expect issues from ip3 . They pretty much have the technology down pat. apple is the best at what they do. Give it a shot early on but whatever the outcome, Everyone will get one.
Now , who is thinking about owning the ipad4 ? Ooh ooh Me , me , me

All these issues with the Asus TP were why I passed on it and bought a Toshiba Thrive.
Now I have a but kick Android Tablet and a but kick IP2. Probably pass on a 3. The 2 does everything I want and need. I may have another look around IP5.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

DroidHAM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope you pulled the trigger, preorders are now shipping in 2-3 weeks

Androidfonefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The "iPad killer" is pretty much a figment of the geek press' imagination. They had their pop at Microsoft, failing miserably, then when Apple started rising to the top of the heap, turned their sights from Redmond to Cupertino.

With more iPads in circulation that every other tablet put together, 25 billion apps downloaded and a bank balance that would allow them to buy Canada, Apple will have to make some serious foulups to enable the competition to get much more than a foot in the door.

The key thing is that every time they change something, they improve it, drastically. You're right. The first owners of the iPad 3 won't be beta testers. They will have a complete, finished, quality product that will last for years. But the real beauty of Apple products is that last years model is still useful. While constantly improving their products, they also prevent older equipment from becoming obselete overnight, quite a feat when you think about it.

While I am new to Apple by way of the IP2, and have used Android on most everything, the fact that Apple does just what you said by "preventing older equipment from becoming obsolete overnight", to me this is a huge feather in their cap, most android products are lucky to get one OS update. My friend in Jeff City has the IPhone 3S and it is now at 5.x, not sure how many OS upgrades that is from where it started but I know he has updated it at least twice. I doubt and Android phone will ever be graced with two OS upgrades.
I do wish Apple would put a MicroSD expansion slot in their products though.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My apple store has them all in stock. I was surprised.

A lot of places have them in stock. They're much easier to come by with this release, according to various blogs and other media that I've read.

backudog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope you pulled the trigger, preorders are now shipping in 2-3 weeks

That always seemed odd to me, i pre-ordered through Apple last thursday (bit late), but now it seems as though i can walk into any store that sells them and pick one up right now,but buying online ,from THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THEM, i'll need to wait 2-3 weeks? hows that work then lol?
I filled out thier questionaire they sent me after i had placed order. and in the box marked "tell us how we can make you next purchase better" (or something like that) i answered with "when taking pre-orders for your own products (say the new ipad for example) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF THEM IN STOCK YOURSELVES! 2-3 WEEK WAIT MY ARSE! lol." .

John Adams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That always seemed odd to me, i pre-ordered through Apple last thursday (bit late), but now it seems as though i can walk into any store that sells them and pick one up right now,but buying online ,from THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THEM, i'll need to wait 2-3 weeks? .

Do what I did. Go to the store and buy one. Then, when yours comes from Apple, don't even open it and just return it to any Apple store.. providing you have one local to you. Done.

Most reactions