1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How do I get a new version HDMI adapter to work with iOS 5.0.1?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by PolliSoft, May 7, 2012.

1. PolliSoft

PolliSoft iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I've got a jailbroken iPad2, with iOS 5.0.1. Installed. I use XBMC a lot and I wanted to use it as an awesome portable media player, so I just got myself an HDMI digital adapter from apple store. When I tried it, I just get a pop-up that states "This accessory requires iOS upgrade". After talking to the Apple support, I found out that the newer HDMI adapters requires iOS5.1 to work, so I'm stuck.

After searching the web, I found a way of fooling applications to think 5.1 is installed by altering the SystemVersion.plist file on the iPad. I changed it according to the instructions, but I still get the same error message when I connect the HDMI cable.

Is there a way of fooling the cable that I have 5.1 installed, or do I have to wait for a jailbreak for 5.1 before I can use it?