What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I find wi- fi printer

Meb1938

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded to iOS 4.2 on iPad and love it. Everything seems to work as advertised except for Air Print. I have a printer on Wi-Fi. Can see it on my Mac on same WiFi network. iPad is set to same network through Settings App. Why can't I see it in Print from Safari or Mail?

Last edited:

foof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have one of the handful of HP printers that support AirPrint? If not, that's your problem.

OP
M

Meb1938

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I have an Epsom 260C2. WiFi connection.

Thought any WiFi printer would work - didn't realize Apple was partner with HP. Thanks for help.

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a HP B209A printer. Is my printer one of the ones that connect? I tried to print something off the ipad and it says it cannot detect a printer.Do I have to turn something on in the ipad to recognize the printer????

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please go to the AirPrint sub forum you'll have the answers how to use any printer

tonidale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded to iOS 4.2 on iPad and love it. Everything seems to work as advertised except for Air Print. I have a printer on Wi-Fi. Can see it on my Mac on same WiFi network. iPad is set to same network through Settings App. Why can't I see it in Print from Safari or Mail?
I have a HP Wifi printer that is not on the list but was able to get it working by using the instructions on the Airprint forum...Try it I hope it works for you...Good Luck!

Here is the link I used
How to Install AirPrint to Enable Wireless Printing on Windows? | Jaxov

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you cannot find any of those printers on the list you can get around it by getting a printer that has an email address. You just simply email the document to the printer...and voila.....printed.

fergy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a HP Wifi printer that is not on the list but was able to get it working by using the instructions on the Airprint forum...Try it I hope it works for you...Good Luck!

Here is the link I used
How to Install AirPrint to Enable Wireless Printing on Windows? | Jaxov

I used that link and got my Epson sx600 working fine on my windoz pc only downside is that the pc you do this on has to be on.

spgary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this mean that my wifi printer has to be connected to a computer running itunes for AirPrint to work and the computer should on and running when I print as the printing is being routed thru the computer ?

I have an HP Photosmart c4500 series which worked quite well with HP iPrint from the ipad. I guessed AirPrint was supposed to print that way. Maybe I was wrong.

fergy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the printer needs to be on the same network.not sure if you need itunes on the pc but mine has it on.
try it with or without you will soon find out

Most reactions

Latest posts