What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i download updates on my original ipad??

helpme123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I download updates for the original iPad
It keeps saying u need ios4.2

uimalis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried restoring it?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
H

helpme123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
uimalis said:
Have you tried restoring it?

I don't know what the even means. I bought my ipad from a friend and never had any guidance setting it up.
I have it plugged into iTunes on my computer and I can't figure out how to get updates or transfer the applications downloaded on my computer to my iPad.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you bought it from a friend and I assume haven't set it up for you just yet then download the latest version of iTunes on your Mac/PC. Connect your iPad and in iTunes choose the option to restore. You will end up (after a while) with a fresh iPad running iOS 5.

The Archangel

OP
H

helpme123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
As you bought it from a friend and I assume haven't set it up for you just yet then download the latest version of iTunes on your Mac/PC. Connect your iPad and in iTunes choose the option to restore. You will end up (after a while) with a fresh iPad running iOS 5.

The Archangel

If I do that will it wipe out all the applications I have on it now?

uimalis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, if it shows up in itunes then click on it in the left panel and you will be shown info about the iPad. There should be a button that says restore, click that and it will download the latest update for your iPad (iOS 5) then it will begin the restore and update process. Leave your iPad plugged into the computer until its finished. Once its done you will be able to set it up and transfer your apps and other content.
Good luck!

Edit: Yes it will wipe everything. But if you have downloaded the content with your apple id you will be able to download everything again at no cost.

Last edited:

Most reactions