How do I download saved notes on my ipad2 to a thumb drive?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by ST1100Rider, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ST1100Rider

ST1100Rider iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How do I do this? I want to be able 2 plug my thumb drive into my work windows based computer then print off those notes for work.

2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 1
    This is not possible for several reasons. Firstly, the majority of thumb drives will not work with the iPad because it has a very limited 10 mA current capability and this is insufficient to power most thumb drives.

Secondly, the camera connection kit which has the interface is limited to only uploading photos from SD cards or digital cameras. It cannot be used to upload or download documents.

Thirdly, the iPad Notes app doesn't have the capability to store notes on an attached thumb drive.....

OK - well that was all the bad news - now for the good news!! From the iPad's native Notes app you can email your notes from the iPad to the PC - much easier (in my opinion) than using a thumb drive. Or you could copy and paste them into a third party app, such as Apple's Pages app, and then format them as a .doc Office compatible document ready for transfer to your PC for further processing by Microsoft Word or another compatible program.

Tim

3. ST1100Rider

ST1100Rider iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ipad2 answer to thumb drive question

Thank you very much Mr. Spracklin. I think typing notes on my iPad notes and emailing it to my work pc will work just fine.