What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I download cydia?

Acepress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 4.3.3, and so far I downloaded greenpois0n and tried to jailbreak it asked me to set my device on DFU mode and then started jailbreaking, it started the process then a black screen with lines rolling down started to show and the it stopped and gave me a msg "stuck... we are hanging here" I ended up restoring my ipad.

I then downloaded the redsnow 0.9.6 after readin the thread "Jail breaking methods for the ipad" but it asked me to choose the ISO and they were no options to chose from, and the "next button was'nt activated"

PLS HELP

thanks in advance.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried following our step by step redsn0w guide in the tutorials section? Linked in my sig.

nymosis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cydia is the default app that is installed when you jailbreak.

OP
A

Acepress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
F4780y thanks a lot for the links I've tried them but I dont know what I have done wrong? I downloaded both files but when I am asked to select the correspondin IPSW; "I am not sure what that is", I still try to browse and look in the other folder I downloaded, but their would be nothing but sub folder that are empty :(

Mikeos, thanks alot I will try the other link if I give up on the current one I downloaded.

thanks all

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
A

Acepress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I renamed them as you were right explorer changed them, but now I am have a slight challange, how do I know which file I should chose?

Regards

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Acepress said:
I renamed them as you were right explorer changed them, but now I am have a slight challange, how do I know which file I should chose?

Regards

Did you download them all? That was a mistake...
There should only be 1 possible match for your device and firmware. If you are on iPad1 4.3.3 you must choose that firmware file (it was the first link in the post). No other device. No other version. OK?

OP
A

Acepress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Acepress said:

Regards

There should only be 1 possible match for your device and firmware. If you are on iPad1 4.3.3 you must choose that firmware file (it was the first link in the post). No other device. No other version. OK?

No I just downloaded the first option.
on my desktop i have a folder called: "iPad1,1_4.3.3_8J3_Restore (1)"
then it has a folders called "Firmware" and the following file:
038-1421-004
038-1437-004
038-1449-004
BuildManifest
kernelcache.release (2)
kernelcache.release (3)
kernelcache.release
Restore

Now in the firmware folder there are teo subfolders:
all_flash
dfu
in the all_flash folder there is another folder "all_flash.k48ap.production" that has many files most of them are images.
and in the DFU folder only 2 files are there "iBEC.k48ap.RELEASE.dfu"
"iBSS.k48ap.RELEASE.dfu"

KINDLY ASSIST.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No you've unzipped it. You must not do that. Download again and rename it to an ipsw file which should be 600mb+ in size... That is the firmware file

Last edited:

Hackint0sh814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Acepress said:

Regards

No I just downloaded the first option.
on my desktop i have a folder called: "iPad1,1_4.3.3_8J3_Restore (1)"
then it has a folders called "Firmware" and the following file:
038-1421-004
038-1437-004
038-1449-004
BuildManifest
kernelcache.release (2)
kernelcache.release (3)
kernelcache.release
Restore

Now in the firmware folder there are teo subfolders:
all_flash
dfu
in the all_flash folder there is another folder "all_flash.k48ap.production" that has many files most of them are images.
and in the DFU folder only 2 files are there "iBEC.k48ap.RELEASE.dfu"
"iBSS.k48ap.RELEASE.dfu"

KINDLY ASSIST.

If you still have the file you unzipped to create this folder then all you need to do is right click on it and choose "rename." Change iPad1,1_4.3.3_8J3_Restore.zip to iPad1,1_4.3.3_8J3_Restore.ipsw

OP
A

Acepress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@f4780y
Hi, and thanks for the assist; I've deleted the old folders I downloaded previously both the zipped and unzipped one. I dowloaded it again and now it is unzipped. I just "right clicked on the unzipped folder and renamed it from .zip to .ipsw. I then tried to run redsn0w but when I browsed my desktop I was still unable to find the folder.

Kindly help. Thank alot

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@f4780y
Hi, and thanks for the assist; I've deleted the old folders I downloaded previously both the zipped and unzipped one. I dowloaded it again and now it is unzipped. I just "right clicked on the unzipped folder and renamed it from .zip to .ipsw. I then tried to run redsn0w but when I browsed my desktop I was still unable to find the folder.

Kindly help. Thank alot

Sorry dude. You didn't read my post properly. I specifically said the problem was that you unzipped it and YOU SHOULD NOT DO THAT!
All you want when the download is complete is 1 file about 660MB in size which ends with the extension ipsw. Then you browse to that file with redsn0w. Clear?
NO UNZIPPING.

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Acepress said:
@f4780y

Kindly help. Thank alot

Do not unzip the file! Just rename it.

Rename the file, i.e. Filename.zip to filename.ipsw

Then tell it where the renamed zip file is

Hedgie - Mmm Cali Lewis!

Most reactions

Latest posts