What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I dowload etext books

roynbarko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried severally to download etext books (ie strategic management etext book) for my post graduate study on my iPad 2 5.0.1, via iBooks store but only free ebooks I can access. And please can some one help me on how I can llocate kindle for iPad. That too I tried to find on app store but do not avail.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a kindle app available in my App store. App stores around the world offer different apps, so maybe your region doesn't have it. There are many different reasons for this, from government restrictions to licensing agreements, some apps only work in that region.

You can open another iTunes account for a different region. You will need another email address and as gmail does not denote a region, I would recommend this type of email account. There are many different app stores around the world and the US app store I would say offers the greatest range of apps. But you will need an iTunes gift card to open one here. These are readily available on the net and as you only need the number on it, this can be emailed to you after purchase. Some have been able to open an account without any form of credit but I haven't found this to be so. But try first and see if you do need an itunes card or not. You will also need an address here, do you have a friends address you can use? Some will look up an Apple store address for this.

Have a look at this link.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

Once you do open another account, whenever updates are available you will need to sign out of and into the pertinent account for the update and this is very simple. I hope this helps you.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
roynbarko

roynbarko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
There is a kindle app available in my App store. App stores around the world offer different apps, so maybe your region doesn't have it. There are many different reasons for this, from government restrictions to licensing agreements, some apps only work in that region.

You can open another iTunes account for a different region. You will need another email address and as gmail does not denote a region, I would recommend this type of email account. There are many different app stores around the world and the US app store I would say offers the greatest range of apps. But you will need an iTunes gift card to open one here. These are readily available on the net and as you only need the number on it, this can be emailed to you after purchase. Some have been able to open an account without any form of credit but I haven't found this to be so. But try first and see if you do need an itunes card or not. You will also need an address here, do you have a friends address you can use? Some will look up an Apple store address for this.

Have a look at this link.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

Once you do open another account, whenever updates are available you will need to sign out of and into the pertinent account for the update and this is very simple. I hope this helps you.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Thanks for the info. So am missing out a lot as my region is limited on the apps store. I did creat a new iTunes account as you directed, it work, only that I will like to know how to purchase the iTunes gift card to a able me download apps

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
roynbarko said:
Thanks for the info. So am missing out a lot as my region is limited on the apps store. I did creat a new iTunes account as you directed, it work, only that I will like to know how to purchase the iTunes gift card to a able me download apps

You can look for the iTunes gift cards on the net, make sure it's for the region you've selected. There are many sellers out there who will add a premium to the price, so be aware of this. Apple sells them also on the net and this would be the safest route to buy one. Just do a search, I just did and found the apple site first hit.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

OP
roynbarko

roynbarko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
You can look for the iTunes gift cards on the net, make sure it's for the region you've selected. There are many sellers out there who will add a premium to the price, so be aware of this. Apple sells them also on the net and this would be the safest route to buy one. Just do a search, I just did and found the apple site first hit.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Kindly help me out. I went to the apple site to purchase the iTunes gift card but can not figure out how to go about it.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
roynbarko said:
Kindly help me out. I went to the apple site to purchase the iTunes gift card but can not figure out how to go about it.

I've had a look at this, I know others have done it but I haven't myself....it says you need to live in the US so rather than lead you astray here maybe it would be best to go with one of the other sites. You will pay for a handling fee which looks to start around $5....check them out. I always use PayPal when paying for items on the net and this also shows its a trusted site.

iPad 2 3G 64gb

Most reactions

Latest posts