What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I delete existing ipad account

Maryamu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello team, can anyone assist, I have an ipad used by someone, I wanted creating my own apple ID but finding it difficult. How do I delete the existing account?.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can either restore the iPad through iTunes, or you can got to Settings > General > Reset, and Erase all Content and Settings.

Either will place you back into the out of the box state. When you activate the iPad it will walk you though the setup, including creating a new Apple ID if needed.

If the iPad is iOS 5 or later all you need it is an available wi-fi connection. If it is iOS 4 or earlier you will need a computer running the most recent version of iTunes.

Last edited:
OP
M

Maryamu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Twerppoet, thank u very much for your response, I've erased all the content but I'm still having issue creating my own ID, it requires my billing info which I provided but keeps saying my security code is invalid. Can u help pls.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That would be a credit card issue. If your security code (on the back next to the signature most of the time) isn't working, you should verify it with your Credit Card company.

You can also try contacting Apple's iTunes support. They may have some idea why the card is being rejected.

The alternative would be to set up your Apple ID (in iTunes) without a credit card. This will allow you to get free apps, or use gift cards to make purchases.

Creating an iTunes Store, App Store, iBookstore, and Mac App Store account without a credit card

You can add credit payment information to the account later.

Good Luck.

Most reactions