What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i delete an app that i have download but dont use anymore

mstiny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi just got the iPad one and I want to know how you delete an app that I have downloaded but don't anymore ?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Long press any app, then when the cross appears and the apps start to jiggle, you can touch the cross to delete any non-native app.

Press the home button to finish.

Note that this is not the same as closing apps in the multitask bar. This will actually remove them from the iPad, along with any stored data.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

OP
mstiny

mstiny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Long press any app, then when the cross appears and the apps start to jiggle, you can touch the cross to delete any non-native app.

Press the home button to finish.

Note that this is not the same as closing apps in the multitask bar. This will actually remove them from the iPad, along with any stored data.

Thanks kevin

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
magpiemini said:
That flippin' News Stand app drives me nuts. You can't get rid of it and you can't hide it in a folder.

Welcome to the real world, to quote Morpheus. :)

I just threw it on the last home screen with all my other junk so I don't have to look at it.

magpiemini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the real world, to quote Morpheus. :)

I just threw it on the last home screen with all my other junk so I don't have to look at it.

Yeah, that is what I did, but that is one thing Android does better.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
What is it that android does better??

1) it is a totally different operating system, so not comparable

2) this is an iPad forum, so yes we may seem biased

3) if you take all the letters which make up ANDROID, mix them up and add a few letters you get, ANDROID WILL ALWAYS BE SECOND IN THE TABLET MARKET, PERIOD!!!

Chris (a happy iPad owner)

magpiemini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I switched from an Android Xoom to an iPad 4G for many reasons. ALL apps on the Android can be hidden and or placed in folders. Plus the split keyboard is far more advanced on the Xoom. I have faith that Apple will catch up soon.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
magpiemini said:
I switched from an Android Xoom to an iPad 4G for many reasons. ALL apps on the Android can be hidden and or placed in folders. Plus the split keyboard is far more advanced on the Xoom. I have faith that Apple will catch up soon.

I played with a Samsung tablet and a zoom in my local phone shop and I was impressed with the zoom. It is about time apple gave us ways to hide apps into folders and tuck them away rather than having pages and pages of folders with apps in.

Sent from my iPad 3

OP
mstiny

mstiny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well apple could have at least made it more attractive to look at other than brown but good idea to put it at the end of all the apps where you don't have to look at it :)) I never thought of that but then I am just learning the ropes .

Most reactions

Latest posts