What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do i create picture folders and move pictures into those folders?

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad1 or ipad2? I know you can't on ipad1, not in the native photo app anyway. Usually people set up folders on their computer, then sync them in. There are other photo apps you can try, others members here probably know more about it. Try searching around in the threads, I've seen info around.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
It doesn't matter what iPad you have, you can't create folders on the iPad. You have to do it through iTunes, which is a huge pain. There are apps out there, but I never use them.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^ What they said. It's easy to do it on your computer - create the new folders there and copy the pics you want into them, then in iTunes select those folders to be sync'ed.

Cardinal Pilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently creating folders on the iPAD2 through iTunes requires Adobe Elements, which costs $100.00. Does anybody know another way to create folders? I followed the instructions in the link above but it would NOT make new folders from my PC. I need the folders to organize the photos.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Cardinal Pilot said:
Apparently creating folders on the iPAD2 through iTunes requires Adobe Elements, which costs $100.00. Does anybody know another way to create folders? I followed the instructions in the link above but it would NOT make new folders from my PC. I need the folders to organize the photos.

If you were reading the link to Apple Support you did not read far enough. Linking to albums was the first method. A little further down the page it tells you how to create and sync to folders.

Cardinal Pilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did read that further down and did as it said but without Adobe Elements. Even though the pictures are in multiple folders on the PC, the folders disappear on import to iPad leaving only the pictures in the single folder. I'm guessing there is no way to create additional folders in iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Other's have used this method without Photoshop an it works, so if it is not working for you there is something else wrong.

So let's go over this one more time, in detail, just to make sure you aren't missing a step.

Create a folder on the computer, name it something like iPadPics.
Create several subfolders inside the first folder. Each of these folders is intended to be an album.
Copy pictures into each of the album folders.
Go to iTunes and select the folder to sync under the Photos tab.
You should now have a list of the subfolders on the page.
Select each folder you want to sync.
Sync.

drpep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might look at Photo sort for ipad in the app store.I use it fo all my photos and love it. You can create folders and albums and name them as you want. I don't know the price but it was $1.99 when I got it.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's so easy to do it the way twerppoet described. Why spend $1.99?

Rendo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Making multiple photo folders on iPAD 1

This is what I did:
I made a blank folder on my desktop and called it ipad photos.
Next, I went to "my pictures" to look for folders with different subjects.
I right clicked on a chosen folder and chose "copy".
I then opened the ipad photo folder on the desktop and right clicked: "paste".
When finished choosing folders, I went to my iTunes photo section.
On the "sync folders from" with the dropdown menu, I chose "Chose folder" and told the program to choose the folder on my desktop marked "ipad photos".

I clicked on "selected folders" and all of the folders I put into the "ipad photos folder" appeared before me.
I then did a "sync" and it put all of the individual folders into my ipad photo section.

Cardinal Pilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I followed the instructions outlined in Rendo's post. Guess what. It worked! New properly titled albums. I must have missed something in the previous tries but this one worked fine.

Thanks to all who responded to help me solve this.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts