1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

How do i create folders or new albums?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Mannks, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Mannks

Mannks iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I want to organize my photos and would like to create folders or new albums. Is that possible, and if so how do I do it

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  2. tonypward

tonypward iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You need to be a bit more specific.

Create new albums where? On the moon, on a PC on a Mac?
  3. Tom811

Tom811 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe you can only create photo folders on your computer, not on your iPad and then sync them to you iPad with iTunes. I have an app on my iPhone called photo folder that kinda does what you want, but you end up two copies of each picture and no automatic sync.
  4. variador

variador iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tough one. Google "Photo albums on iPad" or "Photo albums on iPad app". This is a huge complaint.
    Google it because there are different methods out there. What type of Computer OS you use is just one of the reasons for methods. Almost all methods don't use the ipad and can be tricky.
    There is one app that can do it on the ipad within certain limitations it is called "Photo sort for iPad". Read the reviews from the app store and Google the name of the app. The opinions very widely based on how much trouble making albums is worth to each individual.
    i still remember Steve Jobs showing photo viewing during the very first presentation of the ipad. He thought it was so cool that you could spread your fingertips from an album and all the pictures in the album would show up. Then you could direct all those photos back into the same album with the reverse finger gesture. It was magical. Then you find out what you will have to do to get it to do that. It brings to mind another finger gesture.
    Very unlike Apple. The file system must make it really difficult or it would have been done by now and every photo app would have a way to do it.
    Check it out and see if it is worth it to you.
  5. Mannks

Mannks iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tony....moon? I thought I am in the iPad forum....where are you.

6. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,978 / 1
    There are basicly two solutions.

Set up folders on your computer and sync them via iTunes.
    iPhone, iPad and iPod touch: Syncing photos via iTunes

Or, use a third part app. I haven't researched or tested any myself, so I'll refrain from making suggestions.

Third party apps will not change how the Photos app works. Pictures will be loaded into the new app by whatever method(s) it has.
  7. mobi1

mobi1 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Simply speaking, you can't.

You either need to buy apps or do it in computer and then sync using iTunes.

Isn't that technology light years ahead of Microsoft?
  8. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,978 / 1
    Hard to say. Microsoft does not cave a tablet OS. Though WP7 might be close enough for a fairish comparison. Can't say I know how it handles photo syncing.
  9. andykeating

andykeating iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    For photo organization, you can't go wrong with Sortshots . It brings the power of tagging to your photo collection; once you get everything set up you'll be able to find exactly what you're looking for in just a couple of taps. I highly recommend this app to anyone trying to get their photos organized. :)
  10. Needles

Needles iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why when the big wigs at Apple refer constantly to the iPad as a "post pc computer device" does it rely entirely on you owning one. I have apps that take me into the far flung universe, apps that place me next to every wonder of the world and even apps that give me a glimpse into the meaning of life itself but I still can't organise my photos, documents or data on the iPad. The pc is death?, long live the pc.....lol.
  11. Munky

Munky iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    If you are jailbroken, there is a tweak in Cydia called Photoalbums+ For iPad. It adds the functionality of adding albums and moving photos between them. It is a paid app however, but it is totally worth it. There are a few YouTube videos demonstrating it's use if you are curious.
  12. Mannks

Mannks iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the tip....i bought an app called stash and i am very happy with it.let's me organise my pic's and even documents