What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i copy my yahoo mail contacts to my ipad contacts?

dwd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't login to my yahoo account much, but i'm sure you can export contacts from yahoo to a csv format or something. And import them back into itunes for syncing.

But the best setup is with gmail as it syncs your calendars, contacts and mail seamlessly using the exchange option. That way whenever you wipe your device your contacts are still safely stored on gmails cloud(yeah, convenience of cloud over security, i gave in to the paranoia)

OP
P

pastan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh got it, thanks. But is there a way to sync ipad contacts to your yahoo mail account? Because im planning to sell my pad and i dont want to lose all my contacts on it for future purpose of buying ipad2. Because when syncing with itunes, all it does is to sync from yahoo account to ipad.

Phil_Legault

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Your contacts are automatically added to Contacts, when you add the Yahoo email account, though you may have to set Contacts : ON at the end of the mail setup process.

When I set up my Yahoo, Sympatico and Gmail accounts on my iPad2 it doesn't give me the option to activate the contacts. Do you know how I can change that? Thanks

Phil

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Your contacts are automatically added to Contacts, when you add the Yahoo email account, though you may have to set Contacts : ON at the end of the mail setup process.

When I set up my Yahoo, Sympatico and Gmail accounts on my iPad2 it doesn't give me the option to activate the contacts. Do you know how I can change that? Thanks

Just to 'bump' this thread w/ a similar question; just purchased an iPad2 - arrived about the time I joined this forum - I've been able to get my Yahoo calendar synced to the iPad2 via just the Wi-Fi connection - I have not activated the 'mail' feature of Yahoo, but do not see a selection for the 'contacts'?

I also have an iPod Touch G2 w/ similar contacts - what might be the easiest way(s) to get my contacts, either from the iPad2 or the iPod Touch onto the new iPad2?

Thanks for all comments and advise! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts