What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I change my iTunes cc info?

VitaW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to take my credit card info off of my iTunes account entirely and just use iTunes gift cards but it won't let me remove my cc info from my account. How do I do this?

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had the same problem not being able to remove my card. The only way of stopping any transactions was to change the expire date so it can't be used.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did as Rihanna suggests about a month ago (except I used my iPad) and it worked fine. I then applied an iTunes gift card to my account. I've had no trouble buying apps and a few songs since, and I rented a movie.

OP
V

VitaW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rihannah, I know how to change my cc info. The problem is I don't want it saved in there and there is no way to remove it.

I entered the gift card so that is on my account. My card expires soon anyway so I won't update it.

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never keep my cc info on my iTunes account. I enter it for each purchase, and then remove it. I open up the iTunes app on my iPad, not the app store. On the bottom of the screen is my apple store ID. When I click on that I'm asked if I want to see my account. That takes me to a screen where I can choose "none" for cc info.

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also went in to settings and turned off in-app purchases.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rihannah, I know how to change my cc info. The problem is I don't want it saved in there and there is no way to remove it.

I entered the gift card so that is on my account. My card expires soon anyway so I won't update it.

The way Rihanna describes it is the same way you remove a credit card number. You just delete all the credit card info and hit save. You can save it without any cc info at all, but you just won't be able to buy anything. That's where gift cards come in.

OP
V

VitaW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The way Rihanna describes it is the same way you remove a credit card number. You just delete all the credit card info and hit save. You can save it without any cc info at all, but you just won't be able to buy anything. That's where gift cards come in.

I have tried this several times. Every time I try to press save it tells me the that the cc field is mandatory and I have to enter my info. It will not allow me to leave it blank. This is what I am trying to figure out.

OP
V

VitaW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Success! It would not let me do it through the iTunes store but, as someone suggested, I was able to do it through the app.

Most reactions