What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I change my avatar?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

To change the avatar, you need to do this from a PC. Then go to ipadforums.net and click on 'User CP' (User Control Panel) and you'll find a control there to edit your avatar.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

harry_japan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you very much I just joined today too I really appreciate it
ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How to cahnge my avatar

I have just changed mine. I gave up trying through Photobucket and the iPad as I kept getting error messages, such as file too large, when clearly it was within the size limits of 16Kb and 80x80 pixels.

So, I have just changed it from the PC - an absolute cinch.
Click onto user CP, select edit avatar. At the bottom chose selact file, and then the world is your "image files" oyster.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can some one tell me how to post a new forum.

If you have a specific problem, then you can either post a question or use the Search button near the top of the Forum web page.

If you want to post a problem, you’ll probably want to either append your question to an existing thread if your problem is related to the topic being discussed in that thread, or start a new discussion (thread). To do that, you need to navigate back to the ‘iPad Forum’ page (button near the top of the Forum web page), then choose a discussion area that you think most suits the problem you want to discuss - say ‘iPad DiY’, click to enter that area and then you’ll see a button ‘Start New Thread’. You can click on that and enter a title for your thread and the usual text box where you can type the details of your problem.

It makes sense to use a thread title that’s as descriptive as possible. So I wouldn’t call a thread ‘I have a problem’ because no one scanning through the thread will know what the problem is or whether they can help and, since there are so many posts made each day, no one has time to read them all.

So, instead, make the title of the thread as specific as possible - ‘iPad screen goes blank every 5 seconds’, for example would be better (though not as good as it could be, I have to admit) and then give as much detail of the problem as you can.

But don’t be afraid to post - all the Forum members are really nice and the Moderators keep them under control and make sure they’re well behaved and polite - well, most of the time!!

But just enjoy your iPad. Like any new product, they'll be 'issues' that will arise - first piece of advice, don't panic and don't do anything rash. I've read of people who have restored their iPads - generally a last resort - when the problem was far far simpler.
Tim
Scotland

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chello said:
Can some one tell me how to post a new forum.

Yes, can some one tell us?

Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here more than willing to lend a hand.

Remember, "Search" is your friend! The search feature is located in the top toolbar on every page of the forum. It's always worthwhile to perform a search before creating a new thread. More here...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...ead-before-starting-new-thread.html#post80110

We encourage you to ask questions and create new threads if you can't find the answer(s) you're looking for by following these instructions...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...ew-please-post-introduction-thread.html#post2

Please have a look at the links below my signature for more information about your iPad as well as our forum.

Once again, welcome, enjoy the forum and we'll look forward to hearing from you soon!

Most reactions

Latest posts