What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Do I Boost IPad G3 AT&T Mobile Broadband Connectivitiy?

jackrohlfs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear IPad Techy Types,

I recently received an IPad with G3 & 16GB features as a gift and just learning its capabilities.

In my San Francisco apartment, the G3 connectivity is weak (less than one bar level), internet browing speed is sluggish and I experience haphazard G3 connection drops.

AT&T is my mobile broadband service provided, I understand they are in the process of upgrading their G3 network, but it won't be complete until late 2011.

I feel my apartment building is the culprit, outside I have much greater reliability and speed. Unfortunately, there are no WiFi hot spots in my neighborhood.

Can anyone offer a source for peripherial external antenna amplifier/booster (that is afordable) I can mount on my patio to enhance greater G3 and service provider interface?

Or,

I have a hard line DSL internet connection for my desktop. Would a wireless router offer greater access at more affordable price? If so, which type of router best suits the IPad G3 connectivity?

I know there is a solution for the WiFi dead zone in my apartment.

Thanks for your suggestions & recommendations!

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy a wireless router for your DSL in your apartment. It will be way faster and cheaper, unless you have the unlimited plan, and if you do have the unlimited plan, DSL will still be faster. Wireless uses WiFi not 3g. Any brand name router should work just fine. A single low band router using G only or G and N will work. ( G and N are protocols. )

Most reactions

Latest posts