What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do i backup my ipad to a new computer in itunes

erniepru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just got a new computer and i haven't got faintest idea on how to back up my ipad to itunes. I installed itunes and it shows me my music library but no pictures, books or apps that i have on my pad3. What do i have to do to get the ipad backed up on this computer. I was able to back it up with my old computer.

Thank you

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
i just got a new computer and i haven't got faintest idea on how to back up my ipad to itunes. I installed itunes and it shows me my music library but no pictures, books or apps that i have on my pad3. What do i have to do to get the ipad backed up on this computer. I was able to back it up with my old computer.

Hi & welcome to the forum! :) As already suggested you need to get the information from your iPad onto the new computer - check this LINK and look at the response from 'Demo', plenty of links are presented that should help you - good luck and let us know if all worked well - Dave

tabletcrazy2013

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem transferring my music from my computer to my ipad - somehow it keeps wiping out my computer's itune music library!! I had no choice but to download it on my ipad directly. :eek:

Most reactions