What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I access the apps page?

dduran1210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i don't use this much. I click on Apple Store icon....I get a search page, right? so i search for a free weather app called accuweather...and i get......

frigging bop music??? I'm pushin 80 years of age for pete's sake. and it WON'T pull up ANY APPS that are of interest to me. I can't seem to find

any apps at all. please help.

thank you.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I search the AppStore, I normally am in either the "Featured," "Top Charts" or "Genius" tabs (on the bottom of the page. Then, in the upper right hand side there is a text box (with a magnifying glass) where you type in your search term(s) or app name. Is this where you are putting in "accuweather" to find the app?

Marilyn

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i don't use this much. I click on Apple Store icon....I get a search page, right? so i search for a free weather app called accuweather...and i get......

frigging bop music??? I'm pushin 80 years of age for pete's sake. and it WON'T pull up ANY APPS that are of interest to me. I can't seem to find

any apps at all. please help.

thank you.

are you opening the iTunes Store maybe instead of the App Store?

OP
D

dduran1210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn,and gresh14,
that is not where I am searching from. I don't seem to have any icon that says App Store, that's what i'm trying to access.
so i opened iTunes store and Apple Store, but nothing there. How do I get the icon for the App Store???

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yes, Marilyn,and gresh14,
that is where I am searching from. But it says not found or something similar. I don't seem to have any icon that says App Store.
so i opened iTunes store and Apple Store, but nothing there. How do I get the icon for the App Store???

If you've turned off installing and deleting apps in settings, the AppStore icon will not show on the home screen.
To check, go to Settings>General>Restrictions.

image-3725118591.jpg

image-24925246.jpg.
If installing and deleting are turned off and you turn them back on.

image-2940593613.jpg

image-1939229711.jpgThe missing AppStore app icon will reappear.

OP
D

dduran1210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THANK YOU ! that is what i was looking for. Now it won't take my passcode...geez.
I think I am starting to HATE ipad. may go back to pencil & paper.

Most reactions