What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I access or add new photos to photo album?

Starman002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been all through the guides on the IPAD but I can't find out how I can either access or rather add some of my own photos to the photo album. I want to be able to play or modify the pictures but all the apps point to the saved photo album & I am stuck.

I have ifile but unless I know where to look, I can't find the info. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Starman002

OP
S

Starman002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Simple, press the photos icon. If you want to add ur own you have to do it thru iTunes. Or u could save images from the web. Or buy the camera connection kiit that comes with USB adapter and SD card adapter. Then u can import photos that way. I have the CCK and works great. Especially with being Jailbroken.
Ghostwalker,

I have the CCK. I don't want to always have to connect to my computer to run I-Tunes and sync.

I just don't know where the photos are stored on the IPAD so I can copy files to that directory.

Do you know?

Starman002

Thehamguy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a little off topic perhaps, but I just discovered that the CCK can be used to import photos from a CF card.

I have a camera that uses the older, larger-sized Compact Flash cards. I tried connecting the camera's USB cable to the iPad via the CCK; no dice. The iOS message was that this device was not supported (not the "device uses too much power" message I get when trying other USB devices).

Then I remembered I had a CF card reader stowed away and thought I'd try it through the CCK. Success! It took a minute or so for them all to show up, but eventually every one of the hundreds of photos on the card showed up on the preview/import screen.

The short of it is that SD cards aren't the only kind of flash memory you can use, but CF cards too--via an appropriate card reader plugged into the USB connector in the CCK. I don't suppose I'm the first to discover this? Now to see if my USB memory stick will work...

If this is too far OT for this thread, I beg the indulgence of the moderators and ask that it be moved to a more appropriate thread...

Most reactions

Latest posts